Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

is vyvanse a good adhd med?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:10 PM
  • 12 Replies
thats what my.sons doc wants to put him on so i.was wondering
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wodntulk2kno1
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:11 PM
My son was on it for years, it stopped working and he finds adderall is better for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
irishluck112211
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:13 PM

My son has been on it for a few months. I am not a big fan of it. We will be talking about switvhing him back to his old meds at his next appt. We also tried adderall and it made him so angry we stopped that right away. All i can say is try it. It works diffrent for everyone.

supermom0609
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:44 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmybug2006
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:07 PM

My son has been on Vyvanse since November 2011 and it has been great for him! We could immediately tell a difference in his ability to focus on his school work and his behavior. 

Keep this in mind when asking others about ADHD meds - all children respond differently to the meds. What works for one child may not work for another.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:26 PM
And it can take awhile to find the right dosage. It takes patience.

Quoting lovinmybug2006:

My son has been on Vyvanse since November 2011 and it has been great for him! We could immediately tell a difference in his ability to focus on his school work and his behavior. 

Keep this in mind when asking others about ADHD meds - all children respond differently to the meds. What works for one child may not work for another.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lwalker270
by Lara on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:37 PM

It wasn't for my son, gave him that zombie-like appearance that people refer to.  However, it's amazing how differently medications affect different children and I know several people who have used it with very good results.

babygirl4326
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:40 PM

My daughter used to take 50 mg and it worked good, we could definately tell a difference, HOWEVER, the side effects were horrible moodiness, sleeplessness, and no appetite. We took her off.

HannahLee87
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:41 PM
My dd has went from a 2.22 GPA to a 3.11 since November with Vyvanse! It's workin wonders for us!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VarelaClan
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:44 PM
I recommend reading the ADD Answer before giving him any drugs. For many children, a diet change will fix the ADD/ADHD issues. In my opinion, very few children really need to be medicated. My daughter has been diagnosed and has never taken medication for it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AlohaTink
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Ds was on it and was tweaking out. Switched him to Concerta and has been wonderful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)