Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

first of all i have a doctor appt. for next week (soonest i could get in) however i think i am allergic to carrots, potatos and tomatos. 

is it even possible? i have ate them my whole life. now for the last couple of months whenever i eat them within hours my lips mouth and face swell really bad. 

at least this seems to be what causes it. 

i had a baby 5-6 months ago if that makes any difference. 

the only other thing i was thinkin was a thyroid issue....

any opinions or thoughts. im stressing myself out lately with this.

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Replies (11-16):
AlohaTink
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Sorry! After my son, all I got was curly hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEACHES1721
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:11 PM

wow. im sorry. this is shocking to me. i have had 5 babies and never had anything like this. its very new to me . very interesting though. thank you for being open with me about it.

Quoting KMAsMommy9182:

At the end of my pregnancy I developed high blood pressure that I still have 5 years later.  I found out that I had PCOS, which they said I would have had prior to pregnancy, but pregnancy brought out all of the symptoms.  Plus, It made my psoriasis worse.  Unrelated, as far as I know, I also have allergies and chronic sinus infections.  I feel like I am falling apart :(

Quoting PEACHES1721:

i was no aware that it could affect you in that way :/

what kind of issues did you develope? ( if you dont mind me asking)

Quoting KMAsMommy9182:

Having a child can completely change your body in a multitude of ways.  Everything from your skin and hair to your bones and joints is effected by having children.  A lot of women have medical issues that "pop up" after having children, or their prior conditions can get significantly better or worse.  I would trade your food allergies for my post-baby medical problems any day. 

Quoting PEACHES1721:

Quoting KMAsMommy9182:

Yes, it is possible, especially after having a child. 

just curious. why especially after having a child?

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:19 PM

yes it is possible, your body can cycle thru allergies and immunities your whole life. I always loved celery, raw, soup, in stuff, I would just eat it with a light sprinkle of salt...one night I ate two nice stalks and woke up in the ER with my eyes swelled shut and oxygen on my face...I almost died from an allergic reaction. Now I cant have anythingwith celery ad even the slightest bit will give me an asthma attack, raise welts on my skin and could possibly kill me...the same thing used to happen to me with blueberries, after 7 years of avoidence OI reintroduced them and I have been eating them for 12 years no problem now

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:13 AM

well we found out yesterday DH (who is 39) is allergic to most types of seafood now) so yes it can happen.

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Quoting PEACHES1721:

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Yep, it is possible to develop them at any time in your life

i am allergic to antibiotics and had asthma as a child and i have seasonal allergies but Ive never been allergic to food. 

so what happens if you get say a UTI or a sinus infection, how do you treat those?

PEACHES1721
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:39 AM

im not allergic to all of them yet. just most. i very rarely use an antibiotic maybe once every two years. thankfully. if i become allergic to all of them i believe if i need one for some reason i would have to recieve it through iv so it skips my bodies defense system.

Quoting notjstasocermom:

Quoting PEACHES1721:

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Yep, it is possible to develop them at any time in your life

i am allergic to antibiotics and had asthma as a child and i have seasonal allergies but Ive never been allergic to food. 

so what happens if you get say a UTI or a sinus infection, how do you treat those?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)