Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What would be a reasonable price?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm looking for a new purse and I'm not sure what is a reasonable price to pay for a good one. I've just bought cheapy ones before and usually have to replace them every year or so. I want to pay for quality and have it last me a good long while. So again, what's reasonable?

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Replies (11-20):
RLSMOM59
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Yep. I was able to get a Michael Kors for under $100. They have a ton of good deals

Quoting yezay:

I love tj maxx for my purses!

Mrs.Bolin
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:31 AM

The most durable purse that i own is my once in a life time Coach purse. My husband paid $130 for it on a cheap company from ebay. Keep in mind...he bought it.lol. I have had it for a year now and it still looks brand new. But...i also have some good durable ones from k-mart. I paid no more than $25 for them. Man..back when i had a job and could buy what i wanted

mopsmommy5
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:37 AM
I,love Thrift stores for Purses. Ive gotten real,leather purses for under $10. Love to thrift store shop!!
happy41ce
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:22 AM
I'm no help :/ I love my coach bags
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GirlWithANikon
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:41 AM

I never spend more than 40 and i still have ones from high school and i graduated in 05 they look new lol but i dont carry the same bag every where and now that I dont have babies i dont really carry a bag at all (mine always turned to cute diaper bags i guess) I have my eye on this coach though. its 300 some bucks, get this i want it because it matches a 30.00 DOLLAR dress I just got perfectly LOL I know thats stupid but seriously, this dress was made for that bag. I would say the bag was made for the dress, but its coach not a knock off so you match your dress to your bag not your bag to your dress lol.

AMBG825
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Depends. What is reasonable for you will probably cheap for me.

I hate buying purses so I'll spend a lot of money one a good one just to make sure I don't have to buy one for a very long time. I am a big fan of Coach. But for Coach, expect to pay anywhere from $200 to $600 new. Half for used.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:18 AM
Just depends on what you want to spend, I won't spend under $250 but they last me forever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JudesAwsomeMom
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:20 AM
I've spent 70 bucks on a purse, and it has lasted me years. As soon as it wears out I plan to get a coach one, now they are around 200 I think.
ausomezombie2.0
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:22 AM
This. They have an awesome selection

Quoting yezay:

I love tj maxx for my purses!

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:27 AM

I'm probably not the right person to ask, I got my Michael Korrs knock off at a flea market for $25...that's usually what I spend...I might, might go up to $40, but I haven't done that in more than 15 years.

I only spent $10 on the wallet I bought that co-ordinates with the bag, color wise only tho, it's not a MK wallet..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN