Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What would be a reasonable price?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm looking for a new purse and I'm not sure what is a reasonable price to pay for a good one. I've just bought cheapy ones before and usually have to replace them every year or so. I want to pay for quality and have it last me a good long while. So again, what's reasonable?

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Quoting TableforSeven:

I won't spend more than $15 on a purse.  The ones I have bought usually last 5+ years.

christina0607
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:40 AM

For an everyday handbag, to get something of decent quality, I stay around the $75-$100 range. 

Megan11587
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:41 AM
I'd pay 50-75.
ladybuglove08
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:17 AM
I have a 31 bag..I think it was $30
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
davnrori
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I have a lot of Coach purses (12) and I really don't like any other kind. I think they are more mid-range price than expensive. I tell DH that Coach makes middle-class designer bags, lol. Any purse over $500 is you paying for the name, not the quality. I've had cheap purses in the past and, yes, they last a while but then the seams will start to go and the color fades, the zipper breaks, or the lining starts to rip. How much is too much for a bag? $200 for a used designer bag or $350-$400 for a brand new one.

iluvsn85
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Ive had the same coach person for almost 10 years and I pallidd $110.00 for it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I dont worry about how long my purse lasts....just want to like it. I have purses I love that I got at target for 15 and Coach purses I paid over a hundred for (I never buy them brand new....Im too cheap that lol).

trainlady
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Its all in the quality of the purse. I paid $40 for a purse one time, which was a lot more than I had ever paid before, and it lasted me 10 years. I did have other purses that I used for seasons, but this one was fantastic and it was also one that you could toss in the washing machine and get it cleaned and refreshed. How much you should pay depends on quality, what you can afford, and how often you like to replace your purse.

ILoveMyKids84_
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM

I have a purse from Target that was $7 on clearance,my children picked it out for me for a Mother's day gift,the inside of it is hot pink and it's a zebra striped pattern,i LOVE it and I usually NEVER use a purse LOL.but I do use it..

ILoveMyKids84_ Formerly _WC_Mama

taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:02 PM

I've never spent more than $20 on a purse, and each one I've had has lasted for at least a few years.  I usually them at Target.  I am not into purses, and I don't need ones that have much room.  So, the ones I get are fairly small.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)