Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Will oxyclean take a puke stain out of a grey shirt?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:36 PM
  • 8 Replies
My 3 1/2 year old threw up a few days ago...long story, any ways ...I washed her shirt ASAP cause its brand new and her favorite. It's grey, with pink sparkles on it that says princess...well there's still like a darker area/stain where she threw up. :/ will oxyclean get it out? Will it ruin the sparkles?

This is our first throw up incident. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Did you dry it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Yea, I washed all the clothes and towels that had throw up on them. I just went to fold it and it has like a stain :( she's gonna be so sad, she loves this shirt. She's only gotten to wear it twice, I'll probably be making a trip to children's place to let her pick out a couple new ones.

Quoting crwspringer:

Did you dry it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Bump :/ any one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:56 AM
I would try 3 parts peroxide and one part blue Dawn (yes, the dish soap). That works really well on stains.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Also, let it air dry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AMBG825
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I don't know if oxyclean will take it out but soak it in water with 2 Tbsp of baking soda. Should come right out

motamaid
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I have found ammonia the best rhinf to get stains out that nothing elae can get out. Put a couple stops of dishsoap on it and pour ammonia right on rhe spot and soak it in a sink or container of water for a while. Even a day. Then wash is alone with a few drops of diahsoap and at least a quarter cup or even 3/4 cup of ammonia dumped right in the stain and item if that doenst work nothing will.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dobrd
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:58 PM

CheyennesMOMMY2, My MIL taught me yrs ago what to use that most households have.. It's Mans Hand Cleaner.. It comes in regular, or orange.. Rub that on her shirt w/your finger.. Let it set for about 15 min. to let it absorb.. It won't hurt her sparkle shirt.. Be sure it's out when done washing.. Putting it in the dryer if still stained will set the stain in.. Just use a bit more cleaner if not coming out the 1st time.. Good luck Honey.. Take Care, Donna....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)