Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm convinced her teacher has lost her mind!!!

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:36 AM
  • 18 Replies

Apparently I have too.  My dd's 5th grade teacher scheduled a walking trip today.  The kids have been raising cactus's this year and as a thank you to the community the class is bringing them to places.  We'll be walking around for about an hour (i think it will take longer)  we are walking over to the hospital, then to the fire station, then to the local bakery, the library and then to the nearest middle school.  She wanted to include the police station but she knows it wont work with her time frame.  Its like 6 degrees outside in the sun.   As i stated in my title the woman has lost her mind.  Since i agreed to go along i obvioulsy have lost my mind as well.

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SoKamele
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:39 AM

No.....I wouldn't go. I don't care. That is way to cold for me.

BUT.....since you're going......wear a snow suit and boots.

baquick
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM
I'm surprised they are taking children outside in that cold of weather! Yikes!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ramonafrog
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:41 AM
Um... Not only would I not be going but my kid wouldn't either. I know 6 degrees feels different depending on where you are regionally, but no way.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Crazy.  I am surprised the school would allow that.

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Quoting ramonafrog:

Um... Not only would I not be going but my kid wouldn't either. I know 6 degrees feels different depending on where you are regionally, but no way.

Turns out its not as cold as i first thought.  Its 19degrees.  At the moment I would much rather we lived in a small town where these places could be next to eachother.  but no i have to live in a big city!!!!1 ugggg

momma2b2008
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:54 AM
That's not only irresponsible of the teacher but irresponsible of the school to allow her to do this! I would not allow my child to participate in this field trip!
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I wouldn't be going and neither would my kid.  I'd be on the phone to the principal to have the field trip postponed and rescheduled.

ramonafrog
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:59 AM
I'm in Dallas. That trip would be a walking distance of over 20 miles from start to finish. Even 19 is still too cold IMO

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting ramonafrog:

Turns out its not as cold as i first thought.  Its 19degrees.  At the moment I would much rather we lived in a small town where these places could be next to eachother.  but no i have to live in a big city!!!!1 ugggg

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I'm in NYC  brooklyn  altho it will probably take close to 90 minutes including all the stops but the fartest  place away is the Hospital and its about 5 aveunes up and 8 blocks over.  so probably around a mile. maybe less.  I just got a phone call tho  we are leaving at 9:30 instead of 10:30 becasue the kids have to be back by 11:30

Quoting ramonafrog:

I'm in Dallas. That trip would be a walking distance of over 20 miles from start to finish. Even 19 is still too cold IMO

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting ramonafrog:

ramonafrog
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Ah... At least Brooklyn is walker friendly ;)

Quoting Msgme:

I'm in NYC  brooklyn  altho it will probably take close to 90 minutes including all the stops but the fartest  place away is the Hospital and its about 5 aveunes up and 8 blocks over.  so probably around a mile. maybe less.  I just got a phone call tho  we are leaving at 9:30 instead of 10:30 becasue the kids have to be back by 11:30

Quoting ramonafrog:

Quoting Msgme:

Quoting ramonafrog:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN