Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Have a hair question in urgent need of adivce ?

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:01 AM
  • 12 Replies

So every winter I battle with dry flaky scalp and during the summer I never have this problem... I want to get rid of it so bad its freaking gross to me lol and I have tried everything on the market and it don't help!!! I dont know if this is where I should be asking for advice but I'm kinda new and need some adivice or remedies if you all shall have any?????

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TattoomamaPink
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Oh and I have uncontrolable static as well and it only does this in the winter!!! :(

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Do you have a humidifier?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arwyn724
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I have that problem, too.  Its definitely not dandruff, as some say, but really dry skin.  Sephora sells a moisturizing body wash that can be used as a shampoo, and it works for me.  You need to moisturize the scalp, without making your hair greasy.

LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Honestly, shop the ethnic hair aisle. My hair is dry, my scalp dry, and my hair is kinky due to being native american AND dying my hair often. The great majority of products I use are for "african" hair but they are wonderful. Smell marvelous too. Black Magic is one of my faves to smooth out my hair. For my scalp I use products with Tea Tree oil and Shea butter.

Stay away from anything for "dandruff"!! It will make it worse. And finally, do not wash your hair daily. I wash my whole head twice a week, 2 days a week, I just wash the ends, and I condition daily.

TattoomamaPink
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I know what you mean I'm italian and got native american in me to so .. and my hair gets extra oily to and the static drives me nutso!!! I will have to check some of thoughs products out does it make your hair oily at all????

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Honestly, shop the ethnic hair aisle. My hair is dry, my scalp dry, and my hair is kinky due to being native american AND dying my hair often. The great majority of products I use are for "african" hair but they are wonderful. Smell marvelous too. Black Magic is one of my faves to smooth out my hair. For my scalp I use products with Tea Tree oil and Shea butter.

Stay away from anything for "dandruff"!! It will make it worse. And finally, do not wash your hair daily. I wash my whole head twice a week, 2 days a week, I just wash the ends, and I condition daily.

TattoomamaPink
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I think so......

TattoomamaPink
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I think so....

Quoting crwspringer:

TattoomamaPink
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Ill have to check that out as well thank you....

Quoting Arwyn724:

I have that problem, too.  Its definitely not dandruff, as some say, but really dry skin.  Sephora sells a moisturizing body wash that can be used as a shampoo, and it works for me.  You need to moisturize the scalp, without making your hair greasy.

LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Nope, you just have to be careful to not over do it with the treatments products you chose. As for not not washin as much, it took me a while to find the right balance of ceansing needed for my hair

Quoting TattoomamaPink:

I know what you mean I'm italian and got native american in me to so .. and my hair gets extra oily to and the static drives me nutso!!! I will have to check some of thoughs products out does it make your hair oily at all????

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

Lilypie Maternity tickers
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:44 PM
The static is a sign that you don't have enough humidity in your house. So you need to crank that baby up.

As far as the scalp, that could be as simple as dry skin and maybe reduce the number of times you wash your hair a week.
I think there is a shampoo and conditioner line that is specifically for dry scalp (sorry I don't know what it is)

Quoting TattoomamaPink:

I think so....

Quoting crwspringer:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)