Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Baseball moms!!!

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:08 AM
  • 47 Replies

My basic question is where do you buy your bats?

With the season fast approaching I'm trying to get the bats I'll need early so maybe not pay retail. I'm still kind of new to this baseball thing(my boys are 7 and 9), so I don't know all the best and cheapest websites. Bats are so ridiculously expensive, so I'm hoping maybe some moms have some great sites to look at.

I have been looking on ebay, and did yesterday buy an Easton Power surge for $76!!! I'm still pretty excited about that one....but there isn't a whole lot of options for big barrel bats and I do want to get my older son one of those. And then if possible get my younger son a DeMarini voodoo. 

So if you have any secret sites...please share  I have been all over the internet and even when they claim "cheap bats", they're still retail. 

Thanks!

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TS9509
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM
I have bought bats at Walmart and sporting good stores. For the "younger" kids you don't have to spend a lot. I personally didn't start spending a lot until my step son hit the teenage years. Just remember like anything else, you get what you pay for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arwyn724
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Anaconda sports has youth bats really cheap, most are Rawlings tho' not Easton.

BabyGsMommy11
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:20 AM
We go to Play it Again Sports - we take last years equipment in for a credit towards new/used items. And you can buy buckets of balls for CHEAP!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cookiecounter
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:22 AM
We usually buy inexpensive bats at dicks sporting goods. But, he is only 5 so he doesnt need an expensive bat yet
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:27 AM

We don't have any around here. the balls will kill you too. I could not believe what a baseball cost when we first started. Insane!

Quoting BabyGsMommy11:

We go to Play it Again Sports - we take last years equipment in for a credit towards new/used items. And you can buy buckets of balls for CHEAP!

christina0607
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I checked them out, they didn't have a single bat in my sons size. Weird. They did have one ComBat in an ounce larger. but only one. the prices were ok, I'll have to check back once in a while...thanks!

Quoting Arwyn724:

Anaconda sports has youth bats really cheap, most are Rawlings tho' not Easton.

christina0607
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:32 AM

My 9yo plays AAU. If he wants to be competitive he needs the right bat. My 7yo is still too young for AAU, but I want him working with the right bat so when he does try out next year he'll be able to make it. 

They both play rec as well. but again, they should be using a good bat. 

Quoting TS9509:

I have bought bats at Walmart and sporting good stores. For the "younger" kids you don't have to spend a lot. I personally didn't start spending a lot until my step son hit the teenage years. Just remember like anything else, you get what you pay for.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:32 AM
I think DH went to Dicks. He got DS one for Christmas. He said it was on sale and we get rewards, I don't know what he paid. I can't believe how expensive they were either! Every so often Moddell's has Team Weeks where you get 15% off and the team gets 5% of your sale. Maybe check ebay or Craigslist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DakotaHaley
by Crystal on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I don't know where, but yes bats are expensive. I would say at that age don't waste your money on expensive bat just buy one cheap like on ebay like you found or Wal-Mart or something.

I would say once their older then think about buying a better bat that costs more.

christina0607
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I used to love Modells, but they closed here. 

I did get a great bat on Ebay, but that takes so much time. I'm hoping to cut out the middle man, lol. 

The Voodoo that I want is $199.00. I really think I can find it cheaper.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I think DH went to Dicks. He got DS one for Christmas. He said it was on sale and we get rewards, I don't know what he paid. I can't believe how expensive they were either! Every so often Moddell's has Team Weeks where you get 15% off and the team gets 5% of your sale. Maybe check ebay or Craigslist.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)