Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My cat had to be put down

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM
  • 26 Replies

I've had Pumpkin for 16 years. She used to sleep with me every night. I loved her so much. Shes been so ill the past 2 weeks and now at the vet I can't afford what they are asking to keep her alive...she is in so much pain and I cant do anything so shes been put down. I'm so sad!

Goodbye Pumpkin I love you so much. There will never be another like you to me. =(

If you are a cat lover please send a wish her way. She was really special.

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mitchiesgirl
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry sweetie :(((((
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ladymadrox
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry about Pumpkin :( I know she's in a better place chasing mice, and playing in the sunshine!

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww, I'm so sorry for your loss. she was a beautiful kitty. :(

hugs

two4one
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry. I had to euthanize my 17 year old cat last year. It is heartbreaking. 

GaleJ
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

My sympathy in the loss of your beloved Pumpkin. May her memory be a blessing to you and may you take comfort in having loved her and in having provided her with a loving home, my thoughts are with you.

DragonMother10
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Aww, I am so sorry that you lost your kitty, she had a good life I am sure. May she rest in peace.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LeighAnn_27
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Why did you have to put your cat down for?

Quoting jellybeanjean:

I've had Pumpkin for 16 years. She used to sleep with me every night. I loved her so much. Shes been so ill the past 2 weeks and now at the vet I can't afford what they are asking to keep her alive...she is in so much pain and I cant do anything so shes been put down. I'm so sad!

Goodbye Pumpkin I love you so much. There will never be another like you to me. =(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:51 PM

She had been sick for at least two weeks. Was not eating. Wen I took her to get checked out they said it was probably something serious and I know she cried in pain when they touched her belly. They were asking 1700 just to hospitalize and run tests.....it probably would have been double or more if she needed surgey or anything like that. A the end of the day it was too expensive and she was old too....no telling if she would have been able to survive major surgery. It was her time. =( poor kitty. I miss her.

Quoting LeighAnn_27:

Why did you have to put your cat down for?

Quoting jellybeanjean:

LeighAnn_27
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Im so sorry to hear that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry to hear of your loss!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)