Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Where do you buy kids clothes that don't fall apart?

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM
  • 40 Replies

and don't cost a fortune? 

I took a pair of DS jeans out of the dry to find a big rip in the knee. I knew the knees were wearing thin but he's had that pair of jeans for only 3 months! They came from walmart. I bought him two shirts from Kohls that he only wore for a few months and the both got holes in them. Where do you buy well made kids clothing? Is there even such a thing? 

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashandmasysmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I buy alot from childrens place and gymboree. Clearance and sales are awesome. So is Crazy8(another kid clothing store).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connie45
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I have no problem paying more for clothes that are better made.  Gymboree has sales all the time.  Crazy 8 (lower priced part of Gymboree) JCP, some of the better name brands at Kohls - like Hang Ten, are much better made.

Walmart clothes are probably made by 10 yr olds in third world countries working 16 hr shifts.

CheyennesMommy2
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Childrens place, gymboree, old navy, macys..
I buy at kohls and jcp to, but im just picky. Plus my kids have ALOT of clothes..so they dont wear them alot, so they dont get worn n washed alot which helps keep them good I think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WendyJR
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM
I've never had any issues with the kohls clothes or target.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Osh Kosh

Arwyn724
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:39 PM

JCP and Target

invisibleme
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Childrens place and JcPennys

Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:42 PM

We're blessed with an enormous amount of hand me downs, but to be honest, at their ages (2 and 4) I don't worry too much if the clothes are decent quality because they really usually outgrow them before they fall apart.  Even the cheaper stuff!  On the rare occasion I do buy them something it's usually just Target or maybe Gymboree if I have a coupon.

mommylove818
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I've never had an issue wt my dds clothes I shop @ the children's place or Gap they have great clothes and sales too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KreatingMe
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I went to the Crazy8 website and love it. I never heard of it before. I know you ladies, would help me out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)