Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How much TV is TO much?

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:25 PM
  • 5 Replies

How much T.V. do you allow your kids to watch a week? Do you set restrictions or do they just watch it whenever they want?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
christina0607
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM

We don't have any restrictions, but I've never needed them. 

My kids might watch about an hour total on a school day and 2 hours total on weekends...unless we plan a family movie or something.

I don't have tvs in their rooms. I feel that that would be counter productive to the raising I am doing otherwise. 

LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I dont time it....they watch when they watch

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:09 PM

There are no restrictions on tv, computer, ipad, kindle, games, etc...Putting restrictions on things makes them taboo, so kids obsess over them even more and want to spend more time on them.

My kids would rather be outside playing or at the park, so they don't spend crazy amounts of time on electronic devices anyway.

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:01 PM

This,  However do to my sons grades in school  xbox now has restrictions.  No xbox time during the school week and no more than 2 hours on the weekends or during school breaks.  That 2 hours includes pc time and watching video games on the roku.

Quoting Paperfishies:

There are no restrictions on tv, computer, ipad, kindle, games, etc...Putting restrictions on things makes them taboo, so kids obsess over them even more and want to spend more time on them.

My kids would rather be outside playing or at the park, so they don't spend crazy amounts of time on electronic devices anyway.

Arwyn724
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Never saw the need to set restrictions on tv.  My girls would much rather read books, seeing as we never had cable (still don't).  They didn't find tv all that interesting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)