So this year I turn 38. Okay, gotta accept it, right? What else can I do? Once I accept it, I can move on and refocus on the new year with thoughts of everything that I hope to make happen this year in all categories of life -- home, family, work, and fun!

This year is going to be full of adventures for me and my eight. For starters, I'm blogging here at The Stir every week! I was asked to join the many talented writers here and I feel honored that my stressful, funny, crazy, and sometimes unbelievable life experiences as a single mom of eight will be documented right here!

Beyond this blogging opportunity, I have some other exciting projects in the works that I can't quite discuss as of yet. I am not teasing you on purpose, I'll divulge just as soon as I can!

And putting my career work aside, the new year has been whipping my butt on the home front: following a busy Christmas, a week-long family trip, and then a three-week-long home maintenance marathon led by a close family friend who is a jack of all trades and master of ALL (in which I wielded a hammer and other such tools -- learning details of plumbing, building, and repairing from a master), I am still trying to get organized and settled into 2013!

Oh, and did I forget to mention that 2013 has been officially titled "The Year of the Teenager(s)" for me! Yes, I have two girls turning 13 this year. Help! This is going to be one heck of a ride ...

More details to come on all of the above topics ... For today, I just wanted to say hello and that I'm really happy to be here!

Has 2013 overwhelmed you already too?