Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

godparents?

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:49 PM
  • 10 Replies

Before my daughter was born I asked a good friend of mine to be my daughters godmother and she accepted. My daughter is now 2 1/2 but we are waiting until our other one is born in 2 months so we can get them baptised together. Yesterday I started thinking about how my friend and I arent that close anymore. If we do talk its me starting the conversation. We live 3 hours away from each other so its mainly talking on facebook or texting. I started thinking that maybe I should ask someone else to be her god mother or ask my friend if she still even wants to be her god mother. To me it just seems weird to have her as my daughters godmother when we hardly even speak. What do you ladies think?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

thats why idealy you ask family.

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:54 PM

but just be honest, and upfront tell her you know you asked her 3 years ago and you love her, but feel maybe there is a distance now physical and emotional and hope she understands.

Missy5326
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Ask family. A friend asked me years ago and i accepted, needless to say their is a teenager out there that doesnt have an active godparent. With mt kids i chose a godparent from my side of the family and one from my husbands. Works out great and the kids gett to be close to their godparents.
christina0607
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Honestly, ask whoever you want. I've never found it to really matter who my kids god parents were. If it weren't for my husbands superior memory, I wouldn't even know whos is whos. 

MrsLuciano02
by Erin on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I don't talk to my god mother because it was my mothers mom's friend and my god father is my uncle and he lives in CO and I am in CA

rockabillybetty
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Id ask another person i asked my ol bestfriend to be my sons godmother and we never hear from her so i don't even attempt to contact her he has another godmother whom he adores so i don't think too much if it anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama728
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:11 AM
2 moms liked this
Well we talked about it tonight and she even agreed that she doesnt have much of a relationship with my daughter. My daughter barely knows her. I'm happy it worked out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momyplease
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:15 AM
I dont see the whole ideal behind god parents sorry. my son dont have any either. Dont see why it's so important. but more power to you. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peaches_04
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:02 AM
Ask yourself would even show up to the baptism if she wasnt godmother?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bax
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:40 AM

Once baptised her godparent is for life; personally I would select another person.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)