Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I need some mommy help please :/

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:08 PM
  • 31 Replies

When dd was about a year old she started having naps everyday. She is 3 now and if she doesnt want to go to sleep I still put her in her room behind the babygate for quiet time. She doesnt have to get in bed,but she has to stay in there and play. Well lately she comes up to the gate screaming and screaming. She will say any and everything to try getting me to let her out. "Moommmmy PWEEEEZE!!!" or "I gota go potty!" and "I eat eat! Im hungry!!!" I realize she has already had lunch,potty time,etc so I dont fall for these anymore. My question is how long is too long for her to be standing there crying that way? Should I just let her go at it until she stops or falls asleep? I refuse to be manipulated by a 3 year old but Idk what's abuse or neglect in this moment.

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_279
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
madwifa
by Robin on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I still put my gb in for naps she is 3 of course she hates it at first then she is out for usualy 1 to 2 hours I need that time.

If I were you and you wanted her to nap or quiet time get a timer at least and tell her it is not time yet Crying and pleading to get out is just the age more is going on outside her room. Sit to it she will get back to some routine if you are constant.

You are for sure not abusing or neglecting her she will get it the less you pay attention to it. good luck

imuney
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting madwifa:

I still put my gb in for naps she is 3 of course she hates it at first then she is out for usualy 1 to 2 hours I need that time.

If I were you and you wanted her to nap or quiet time get a timer at least and tell her it is not time yet Crying and pleading to get out is just the age more is going on outside her room. Sit to it she will get back to some routine if you are constant.

You are for sure not abusing or neglecting her she will get it the less you pay attention to it. good luck

Right! I figure if I just keep walking she would know that her screaming isnt getting her anywhere but then I didnt want to seem like she wasnt important by ignoring her so I turned and told her " No. Its quiet time." Well that only pissed her off more. Wow.

January1964
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh, I never gave up. Hopefully, it's a phase. My dd is 3.5 and will still nap on most days.

Shyndi
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:28 PM

My son is two years old and he does that at times so that he won't sleep, I sat down and actually talked with him very seriously every single day. I would turn the TV off and I would have a very dim light on and grab his blanket and I tell him okay its time for a nap. Every day he knows that and sometimes he grabs his blanket himself and tells me: nap mommy he got to the routine on his own. Hope it all works out!

EsmeVincent
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I would say just stay strong...let her stay in there for am hour. But I would tell her to be quiet after about 10 or 15 minutes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:37 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't understand why you would force her to stay in her room? Is this for you, so you have time away from her?

Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Uh, if she isn't being punished why are you forcing her into her room for "quiet time"?  Ridiculous.

aarensmommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:58 PM

my ods stopped naps around 3 and ds2 is 2.5 and he doesnt usually take naps anymore...maybe she just isnt tired.

tansyflower
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:58 PM

i know in my house my son has quiet time when the little kids go down for a nap so he doesnt wake them up.  he usually just ends up snuggling with me on the couch.  sometimes he sleeps, somtimes he doesnt.

Quoting christina0607:

I don't understand why you would force her to stay in her room? Is this for you, so you have time away from her?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)