Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If I would've had a gun on me, my neighbor would have a dead dog right now.

Posted by   + Show Post
Yesterday we were about to take the kids to Awana. Sd walked out the door first, ten steps later ds walked out, five steps later I was right behind them. As soon as I walk out the door I hear sd (9 yo) yelling, howling, and barking and I see her standing on our sidewalk doing this to the 3 dogs that were inside my neighbors fence. The dogs were going nuts, barking back at her. Before I could even yell at her the biggest dog got excited enough that he busted through their gate and came charging at my kids.
Ds (who is 8) FREAKED out when he saw the dogs get out and how mad they were, and took off running towards me which made the big dog (a boxer) chase him. My son was terrified and rightfully so because he's already been attacked by a pitbull a few years ago that could've killed him. When ds gets to me, I grab him and get between ds and the dog and put my foot out like I was going to kick it. That made the dog turn around and he then went after sd. All while I was protecting ds, I was also screaming at sd to get in the car, but she didn't listen. So the dog got back to her, jumping, barking and growling while she was screaming. I finally get to her and I'm screaming at the dog and the kids at the same time, trying to get the dog away and get the kids in the car (safe) at the same time. Finally I think I scared the dog away and everything was ok without anyone getting bit, but damn.
One thing that did help me, I think, is that I knew the dogs name. When I screamed "TANNER", it got his attention away from sd long enough for her to get in the car.

Now, I realize sd was being VERY stupid and the dog was being provoked by her, and she is in trouble for that because she KNOWS better, but I swear if I had a gun on me, we would have a dead dog.

*Sigh* It was so scary. I thought we were going through my son being attacked all over again. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

it wasn't attacking you. don't be so dramatic. if it wanted to hurt any of you, you wouldve been hurtin.

Quoting JustMe0326:

1., Kid. Not kidS.
2. I don't care what she was doing. If I think an animal is attacking my kids, they're going to die.

Quoting kzuehlk:

I totally understand the fear, but the dog shouldn't be punished or killed because your kids can't control themselves. It's not the dog's fault that she was teasing him and he reacted

Momsold
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:33 PM
2 moms liked this

So you want to kill a dog because you're too stupid to teach your kids to leave dogs alone.

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

That was scary.

Im glad no one was hurt

did you talk to your daughter about how she caused this?

DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this
My thoughts exactly!!! He was doing what came naturally... Protecting his home. He's a dog and doesn't understand "oh that kid is just playing.. I shouldn't run after him" no! He knows a human (big or small) is making me upset and he did what came natural. Sorry. But now maybe teach your kids not to tease animals.. They don't know the difference!

Quoting kzuehlk:

I totally understand the fear, but the dog shouldn't be punished or killed because your kids can't control themselves. It's not the dog's fault that she was teasing him and he reacted
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brebugmom91
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree!! Its sad!!

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Im with you op. Dog would been down. I cant stand how people hold animals above children.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM
If you shot my dog because your daughter is an idiot I would have shot you ass.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:53 PM

bumping this question.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

That was scary.

Im glad no one was hurt

JustMe0326
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I'm stupid and I don't teach my kids to leave dogs alone. Ok.

Sd is adhd and o.d.d. We teach her lots of things. It doesn't mean she listens. But hey, thanks.

Quoting Momsold:

So you want to kill a dog because you're too stupid to teach your kids to leave dogs alone.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustMe0326
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Yes of course we did.

I never once said sd wasn't to blame in this. I just want to point that out.(That statement isn't directed towards you. It's for everyone else who seems to think I think she did nothing wrong) :/

Quoting FooLynRoo:

That was scary.

Im glad no one was hurt

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustMe0326
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:08 PM
Good luck with that one...

Quoting babyspots17:

If you shot my dog because your daughter is an idiot I would have shot you ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN