Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Do you or don't you? I grew up kissing my mom on her mouth as a kid. I kiss ds on his mouth and he kisses me. Dh thinks its weird lol what about y'all?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Replies (401-410):
rennez
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:21 PM
I Peck both my kids on my lips. They're only five.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mitsukai127
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I grew up kissing my parents on my mouth (until a certain age haha) and I kiss my DD on the mouth, as well as my niece and nephews and will stop once they reach a certain age.

2sueeteez
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I'm with you on this one.  Seeing that my 16yr old son might need therapy after just the thought, and that is what his girlfriend is there for.  And my 9yr princess is a big fan of hugs, definitely.  Even thinking back as far as babies I never did 'mouth' kiss my little ones.  It also stems from being brought up that way.hugs

lilbit2013
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:25 PM
I think when you're a kid there's nothing wrong with kissing your parents on the mouth, but you also have to know what age to stop that.
Fallaya
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:27 PM
There are adults who kiss each other on the lips. It's only taboo if you make it that way (you in the general sense).

Quoting lilbit2013:

I think when you're a kid there's nothing wrong with kissing your parents on the mouth, but you also have to know what age to stop that.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abigailesmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I never grew up kissing on the mouth... I even found it strange when seeing other moms do it... then I had my first daughter. Both my girls have the most kissable lips.. It is so sweet. 

Kathy112761
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:39 PM

this for me too....it's no big deal.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I kiss my husband, kids, siblings,extended family and some friends on the lips its no big deal.

Kalic0

I did not grow up kissing on the mouth but my son initiated this contact at around two so I did not discourage it. I have gotten used to it and my daughter wants to be kissed on the mouth also. I think my children wanted to do this because they saw my husband and I kissing on the mouth.

lizzistardust

We absolutely do.  I grew up kissing my parents on the mouth, though I'm not sure about my husband.

There's nothing weird about it.

owlfeather919
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Yes, I miss those kisses, so precious when they are little but now my daughter is 14 and I am lucky if I get hugs, savor those kisses they grow fast:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)