Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I just don't understand...

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM
  • 74 Replies
4 moms liked this

Why do people choose to put their life drama on Facebook for the world to see? And why, after an argument, do they change their relationship status to "it's complicated"? 

I feel like the things going on in my personal life are not for anyone's business but myself and the other person(s) involved. Why post a status on Facebook just for the sake of starting an argument for the world to see?

Also, if my DH and I have a disagreement, I do not go on Facebook and start downing him through my status and saying how horrible I think he is. Of course our relationship is complicated at times...I don't know anyone who has a perfect relationship!

What do you ladies think? Do you ever post a status just for drama sake? Do you post when you are arguing with your DH/SO?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ashgambit
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:55 PM
3 moms liked this

No, to all of the above. That is private.

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I used to post song lyrics, which in my opinion are subjective to each person, and would get people being like "are things okay between you and josh (my bf)?"... Just because I put song lyrics up does not automatically mean there is drama, I may just really like that song. I had an ex who would always get pissed about my status's when they were like that because people assumed we were having issues. Drove me insane! So I deleted Facebook, problem solved.

Actually, I had a friend once who I called because me and my bf were fighting and I was really upset.. so he posted to MY WALL a message to MY BF about what an ass he was and how could he do that to me. My face = -_- if I wanted it blasted all over Facebook I would have put it there myself!!

Bye bye Facebook, I don't miss you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
foran
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Nope i dont even have a facebook im so old school at times
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
connie45
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Most people are quite boring. Why share anything with everyone? I refuse to participate. I too am boring.
CuriousArentYa
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM

No, the whole world doesn't need to know what goes on in my relationship. Although, usually you can tell by the way our cars are parked if we are in a fight (which is very rare).

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:12 PM
5 moms liked this
People are crazy...what I really hate are the vague "I guess he/she doesn't care as much as I thought" and then when someone says "What happened?" They respond with "I don't want to talk about it on here". Ummm....*facepalm*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmybug2006
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Yes! This is exactly the kind of stuff I am talking about. It also irritates me when they start calling each other out or saying things like "(SO) is being such a jerk!" I have seriously deleted people because that seemed to be the only thing they ever posted!

Quoting beadingmom17:

People are crazy...what I really hate are the vague "I guess he/she doesn't care as much as I thought" and then when someone says "What happened?" They respond with "I don't want to talk about it on here". Ummm....*facepalm*

Gorilla_Mama
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't post about when DH and I fight. It's no ones business and I don't want people to hear negatives about him from me all the time and get the wrong idea. He's a good husband every relationship has problems at times.
DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Honestly..... I don't care. Most of my friends don't post the 411 on their lives..but if someone does it doesn't bother me. I don't care less or more if they post a different "relationship status" or want to vent on FB ...I don't have time to let stuff like that get to me or bother me or give it a second thought.

lovinmybug2006
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:42 PM

It doesn't bother me on a daily basis but the ones that irritate me are the ones that seem to constantly post about how awful their SO is or how horrible the relationship is, etc - and by constantly I mean at least once per day and usually more. If it is that bad, get away from that person and find someone that will make you happy.

Quoting DomesticDoll:

Honestly..... I don't care. Most of my friends don't post the 411 on their lives..but if someone does it doesn't bother me. I don't care less or more if they post a different "relationship status" or want to vent on FB ...I don't have time to let stuff like that get to me or bother me or give it a second thought.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)