Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why do people choose to put their life drama on Facebook for the world to see? And why, after an argument, do they change their relationship status to "it's complicated"? 

I feel like the things going on in my personal life are not for anyone's business but myself and the other person(s) involved. Why post a status on Facebook just for the sake of starting an argument for the world to see?

Also, if my DH and I have a disagreement, I do not go on Facebook and start downing him through my status and saying how horrible I think he is. Of course our relationship is complicated at times...I don't know anyone who has a perfect relationship!

What do you ladies think? Do you ever post a status just for drama sake? Do you post when you are arguing with your DH/SO?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Replies (11-20):
got2monsters
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM
not about my dh, but if im upset i will say something uber philosophical and encouraging and people are like "uh oh heathers had a bad day and shes trying to convinvce herself it doesnt matter again.lol"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inspain
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:45 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm an adult.  I don't do any of that crap.  

But, I do post about going to Taco Bell and loving every bite, just to wind up my all-natural food Nazi friends.

DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:45 PM

well if it irritates you and if its on a daily basis ..................

Delete them. ...................................... Problem solved!

Quoting lovinmybug2006:

It doesn't bother me on a daily basis but the ones that irritate me are the ones that seem to constantly post about how awful their SO is or how horrible the relationship is, etc - and by constantly I mean at least once per day and usually more. If it is that bad, get away from that person and find someone that will make you happy.

Quoting DomesticDoll:

Honestly..... I don't care. Most of my friends don't post the 411 on their lives..but if someone does it doesn't bother me. I don't care less or more if they post a different "relationship status" or want to vent on FB ...I don't have time to let stuff like that get to me or bother me or give it a second thought.

terpmama
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Relationship wise... Never

for fu ... Totally - like a cryptic one that only a few people will get.... Recently "I punched my trainer in the face" - we were boxing and I managed to land a punch. 

Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Attention.

I didn't read the whole thing, just the first sentence. But that's your answer. These people are narcissistic attention hogs who just want the world to "poor baby" them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovinmybug2006
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I have deleted people for it and am sure I will again :)

Quoting DomesticDoll:

well if it irritates you and if its on a daily basis ..................

Delete them. ...................................... Problem solved!

Quoting lovinmybug2006:

It doesn't bother me on a daily basis but the ones that irritate me are the ones that seem to constantly post about how awful their SO is or how horrible the relationship is, etc - and by constantly I mean at least once per day and usually more. If it is that bad, get away from that person and find someone that will make you happy.

Quoting DomesticDoll:

Honestly..... I don't care. Most of my friends don't post the 411 on their lives..but if someone does it doesn't bother me. I don't care less or more if they post a different "relationship status" or want to vent on FB ...I don't have time to let stuff like that get to me or bother me or give it a second thought.

lovinmybug2006
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Oh, this is for sure! I guess my big thing is, this is high school foolishness and most of the people posting these things are at least my age and some older. At what point do they grow up and realize that Facebook, or any other social network site, is not the place to display their "dirty laundry"?

Quoting Mrsfarr:

Attention.

I didn't read the whole thing, just the first sentence. But that's your answer. These people are narcissistic attention hogs who just want the world to "poor baby" them.

roxiekittie
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:54 PM

no i dont post for drama sake, sometimesi  need to just vent, i have like 80 personal friends on facebook that would know about it anyways! thats why i have a personal fb that no one is on unless i know them in person.  

Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:56 PM
Lol. How cute, you think these people grow up..

They just get older. They never grow up.

Quoting lovinmybug2006:

Oh, this is for sure! I guess my big thing is, this is high school foolishness and most of the people posting these things are at least my age and some older. At what point do they grow up and realize that Facebook, or any other social network site, is not the place to display their "dirty laundry"?

Quoting Mrsfarr:

Attention.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

i don't post drama. i have it to chat with my husband. for fun. my dad sure liked to try to start drama though. he was constantly posting rude comments on my page and then got mad at me when i'd delete them. so he unfriended me. LOL.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN