Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why do people choose to put their life drama on Facebook for the world to see? And why, after an argument, do they change their relationship status to "it's complicated"? 

I feel like the things going on in my personal life are not for anyone's business but myself and the other person(s) involved. Why post a status on Facebook just for the sake of starting an argument for the world to see?

Also, if my DH and I have a disagreement, I do not go on Facebook and start downing him through my status and saying how horrible I think he is. Of course our relationship is complicated at times...I don't know anyone who has a perfect relationship!

What do you ladies think? Do you ever post a status just for drama sake? Do you post when you are arguing with your DH/SO?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Replies (21-30):
TableforSeven
by Judy on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Thankfully, I live a pretty drama-free life --my family and friends are, generally, drama-free as well.  I don't have anyone on Facebook that acts like you describe.....and I'm glad.

I treat my husband and our relationship with respect....if I have a problem with him, I go to HIM not anyone else - and I certainly don't go to the world and bash him, etc.

Doc.Mc.Lissa
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:51 PM

People like the attention. Only reason I can think of. Drives me crazy too, and causes you to get deleted and blocked from my page.

Lauriemom
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I agree. My dh and I have arguments (like all spouses do) but I don't put it out there for all to see....stupid.

Momyplease
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:00 PM
I think some people partially looking for some sort of validation of their hurts and reasons. others just like to put it all out their for attention. but I will never know for sure. I just skip right over those posts and people. I dont post my drama on face book or try to stir diper fillings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole6870
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't care one way or another UNLESS it's constant. At times i've just had enough w/DH and i'll post something like "grow up or get out of my way". Nobody has a clue what i'm talking about and if they ask I just say i'm having a pissy moment lol. Sometimes its nice to rant about things...just like this post.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kaylawv2
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I barely ever post and I definitely don't post anything personal. I have few people on my fb who do this, I am embarrassed for them. I love after they post about something very personal, then will comment about how people are always in their business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:32 PM
No. I also don't post about my kids, or put pics up of them . And no. I'm a dull FB' e
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ladymadrox
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM

No, I keep my business to myself. I would rather not let people who don't really know what's going on make assumptions about my life.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:39 PM
I don't get it either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trainlady
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:13 AM

I agree with you. I prefer to keep these things private and if I want to talk to someone about it I email them directly rather than on face book. I don't trust face book and who can access what.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)