Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why do people choose to put their life drama on Facebook for the world to see? And why, after an argument, do they change their relationship status to "it's complicated"? 

I feel like the things going on in my personal life are not for anyone's business but myself and the other person(s) involved. Why post a status on Facebook just for the sake of starting an argument for the world to see?

Also, if my DH and I have a disagreement, I do not go on Facebook and start downing him through my status and saying how horrible I think he is. Of course our relationship is complicated at times...I don't know anyone who has a perfect relationship!

What do you ladies think? Do you ever post a status just for drama sake? Do you post when you are arguing with your DH/SO?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Replies (31-40):
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:49 AM
No i do not do it but i hate when other do it i do not.care of there problems with there mates and.ect in there lifes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyBee12808
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
No. It's childish. You should deal with those kind of matters in private, not publicly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommaGreenhalge
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
My MIL does that. She does it when she's mad at anyone, including me. I have recently fallen into the bad habit of doing similar things, and my mom called me out on it last night. She's right. I don't need to stoop to that level, even if it does seem like that's the most effective way to communicate with my IL'S.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marimaru
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I don't put anything truly personal on Facebook.  Something cute one of the kids did, or bragging on a milestone the baby has met or something like that, sure, but that's it.

BlessedMommyNE
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I get sick of the people posting every day about their health issues.  I will occasionally post if we are sick but it's not very often.  I know a lady who had a hysterectomy a week after mine.  I didn't post anything about mine or my recovery or the health issues leading up to it but this lady has posted about her hysterectomy from day 1. OMG.  I won't type out all the details of her posts but it's super annoying and it's like she tries to mention her hysterectomy in every post she can.  I also have another friend who has fibromyalgia and she posts stuff almost every day about fibro or how she's feeling.  I have fibro too and I've not once posted anything about it and very few people even know I have it.   I don't mind people saying they feel cruddy that day or  the kids having the flu or them or whatever but when it's like they are trying to get sympathy and it's a constant thing...it's just annoying. 

BlessedMommyNE
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:28 PM

And yes, it's super annoying when people make drama posts.  Or start their post with "Some people..."

pamelax3
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Nope I do not have a facebook

2ninos4me
by 2blessings4me on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:47 PM

i personally dont do that but we all have the option to unfriend others if we arent ok with what they post .

Photobucket

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

no never... because my husband is basically a wonderful man and when I do get upset at him I know it will pass...probably before the status drops off the first page. That just get other people involved who have no business being involved.

davnrori
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't post anything negative about DH on fb but I love it when people post their relationship problems, lol. I'm entertained even while I'm shaking my head.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)