Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why do people choose to put their life drama on Facebook for the world to see? And why, after an argument, do they change their relationship status to "it's complicated"? 

I feel like the things going on in my personal life are not for anyone's business but myself and the other person(s) involved. Why post a status on Facebook just for the sake of starting an argument for the world to see?

Also, if my DH and I have a disagreement, I do not go on Facebook and start downing him through my status and saying how horrible I think he is. Of course our relationship is complicated at times...I don't know anyone who has a perfect relationship!

What do you ladies think? Do you ever post a status just for drama sake? Do you post when you are arguing with your DH/SO?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Replies (41-50):
matofour
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh! I know.
I have a Facebook friend who has played out every point of her divorce and seperate on through Facebook.
I had to finally hide her, I could't take it anymore.
I love Facebook, and use it a lot. (Have family spread everywhere) but I never post drama. I don't like to air my business.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:15 PM

no to all of the above

lovinmybug2006
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I must admit, even though it annoys me, other people's drama can be very entertaining! LOL

Quoting davnrori:

I don't post anything negative about DH on fb but I love it when people post their relationship problems, lol. I'm entertained even while I'm shaking my head.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:42 PM

I've never understood that with facebook either. If I change my relationship status on there it's because I'm off to murder my DH.

Amberbaby721
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:33 PM
2 moms liked this

I keep all my personal/family matters OFF facebook, if i wanted people to know what was going on i'd give them a phone call..

Motherwannabe12
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I deleted my FB when I had a family member stalking me through other people in my friends list then turned it into garbage that was never said nor intended. I don't miss it one bit. And no, I didn't post about disputed DH and I had.

Ilaynasmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I actually commented on my brothers status the other day and told him if he has any wish of working things out with his Gf to not bring their issues on Facebook. I will not put anything negative about my relationship or work on Facebook.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Hell no!

Omg I had this girl the other day post
" does anybody know any good cheap apartments? My husband doesn't want me anymore?"

Now I know her husband, he is an old friend and he loves this girl to death.
Anyway, why the hell would you post that kind of immature crap?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brannew
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Facebook makes me laugh at the world and cry for it at the same time. 

Think of it as an instant reality show for attention starved people. 

auntietotty
by Elizabeth on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I have very little drama...but that I do have I wouldnt put on facebook. (or on here)

I also dont fight with people on facebook. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)