Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why do people choose to put their life drama on Facebook for the world to see? And why, after an argument, do they change their relationship status to "it's complicated"? 

I feel like the things going on in my personal life are not for anyone's business but myself and the other person(s) involved. Why post a status on Facebook just for the sake of starting an argument for the world to see?

Also, if my DH and I have a disagreement, I do not go on Facebook and start downing him through my status and saying how horrible I think he is. Of course our relationship is complicated at times...I don't know anyone who has a perfect relationship!

What do you ladies think? Do you ever post a status just for drama sake? Do you post when you are arguing with your DH/SO?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Replies (61-70):
CarolinaGirl88
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't do that at all. My personal business is my personal business, I don't really like complaining in real life because I don't want people to think I'm bitching/whining so I certainly don't do that on FB, and I certainly don't go blasting stuff about my DH on-line.

My SIL is one of those kinds of people though, and it's a big part of why I don't like her. She's constantly complaining about some BS, and last year right around New Year's she out of the blue started a fight on FB with my step-mom. Shit got heated and she and my step mom aren't speaking, and things between my brother and step-mom are really tense because of it. 

Eshadowgirl
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:16 AM
1 mom liked this

My arguements and stuff w/ DH are kept private..they are between HIM and I...NOBODY else. So no..I dont "share" our stuff with the world.

SissyAnn141
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:40 AM
1 mom liked this

This is why, I like CafeMom,...... I can own a group, post what I want and not have to tell my life story, in the mean-time.

I have been here 8 years, and I am very happy, to be a member of "CAFE MOM."

luzianagurl
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:46 AM

i feel the same way....im always saying something to my dd20 cuz she does it....she's finally slowed down some. i mean u don't have to tell eeeeverything!

heather77g
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:44 AM
2 moms liked this

Facebook and any social network site can cause dramatic problems in anyones life. I do understand people going on facebook or some social networking to ask for advice or ideas; but at the same time I do not agree to going online and fully bashing your s.o. or family members. I do believe that should be kept private and not something to throw out as a big bashing or way to be hurtful to the other person.   Now for changing the status of a relationship that is just wrong and childish.  ...if people would rationalize before running off of emotions all the time, things would be a lot different...

my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:03 AM

No we do not.  It is not something that I would want people on Facebook reading about. 

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it is immature and annoying. I tend to block those posts. I do think it is stupid that those people then get upset when others talk bad, or form negative opinions about the person they are bad mouthing. Ummm... hello!! When all you do is spout off at the keyboard about your personal business, what else do you think people will do? lol

mommytam
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Quoting Ashgambit:

No, to all of the above. That is private.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyofgirl1974
by Lyn on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:10 AM

No to all of the above.What happens in our personal life is private. I don't share that on facebook.

myloves.050709
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I hate facebook for that reason.  I don't need nor want to know every tiny little detail in your life or every fight. 

I had a friend on facebook always talking about her divorce.  Every little thing was on there.  And it was "asshole" this and "asshole that".

And my sister's boyfriend would call my sister a bitch and other things he had no business posting. 

I just got tired of all the nonsense that I deactivated my account.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)