Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why do people choose to put their life drama on Facebook for the world to see? And why, after an argument, do they change their relationship status to "it's complicated"? 

I feel like the things going on in my personal life are not for anyone's business but myself and the other person(s) involved. Why post a status on Facebook just for the sake of starting an argument for the world to see?

Also, if my DH and I have a disagreement, I do not go on Facebook and start downing him through my status and saying how horrible I think he is. Of course our relationship is complicated at times...I don't know anyone who has a perfect relationship!

What do you ladies think? Do you ever post a status just for drama sake? Do you post when you are arguing with your DH/SO?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Replies (71-74):
MADMomma1975a
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
No, I don't post personal drama on my FB page - like you said, it's no one's business but my own. When I see it on other people's posts, I just roll my eyes and scroll right on by.
CrystalPystol
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I have people on my Facebook who do this. I just deleted one of them last night. As for me, I do not do this. If I feel the need to vent to about an arguement we had, I go to a friend not blab it all over Facebook. I can't stand when people do that. I also do not post a status just for the sake of drama on my wall. That's so high school.

Val99
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I just assume that anyone who lists their status as "It's complicated" is acting as a booty call for some guy that is already in a relationship.

djenesis81
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:41 AM

I have no clue why people do that, heck I don't even have my relationship status on there because I don't want everyone to know who I'm seeing.  Yes, I know everyone on my friends list but if it said who I was seeing they would flood my inbox with messages because I'm pretty sure all of them (even the ones I went to school with 14 years ago) know who he is and they'd want to know the whole story behind it.

My rule is if i don't want the world to know then don't put it out there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN