Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do people choose to put their life drama on Facebook for the world to see? And why, after an argument, do they change their relationship status to "it's complicated"? 

I feel like the things going on in my personal life are not for anyone's business but myself and the other person(s) involved. Why post a status on Facebook just for the sake of starting an argument for the world to see?

Also, if my DH and I have a disagreement, I do not go on Facebook and start downing him through my status and saying how horrible I think he is. Of course our relationship is complicated at times...I don't know anyone who has a perfect relationship!

What do you ladies think? Do you ever post a status just for drama sake? Do you post when you are arguing with your DH/SO?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Replies (71-74):
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
No, I don't post personal drama on my FB page - like you said, it's no one's business but my own. When I see it on other people's posts, I just roll my eyes and scroll right on by.
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I have people on my Facebook who do this. I just deleted one of them last night. As for me, I do not do this. If I feel the need to vent to about an arguement we had, I go to a friend not blab it all over Facebook. I can't stand when people do that. I also do not post a status just for the sake of drama on my wall. That's so high school.

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I just assume that anyone who lists their status as "It's complicated" is acting as a booty call for some guy that is already in a relationship.

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:41 AM

I have no clue why people do that, heck I don't even have my relationship status on there because I don't want everyone to know who I'm seeing.  Yes, I know everyone on my friends list but if it said who I was seeing they would flood my inbox with messages because I'm pretty sure all of them (even the ones I went to school with 14 years ago) know who he is and they'd want to know the whole story behind it.

My rule is if i don't want the world to know then don't put it out there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN