Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you have to TRY to be a good mom?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:55 AM
  • 27 Replies
I get comments saying that I'm such a good mom. I had an old high school friend message me the other day saying how she admires me and how I've devoted myself to being the best momma possible. It makes me feel uncomfortable bc being a good mom isn't instinctual to me. I *work* to be a good mom. And I have moments/days where I'm definitely not the best I can be at being a mom. Some days I'm quick to be angry or on days off work, I parent from the couch. :S So tell me, is being a good parent natural to you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Nope I struggle with being a good mom.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nomadbrat83
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Nope i am with u OP
baby7810
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:01 AM

no lol i'm on the comp right now while they are tearing up the house hehe. everyone has their good mom days and their 'lazy' ones

singlemama0905
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:01 AM
it's natural in that I know exactly what to do and I rarely question myself in my parenting...but i still have to try at it.. like today, no classes and I'm sick, so I know I'll be parenting from couch a bit. it happens.
clasater
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I wish it was natural and easy for me! It's hard as heck for me and I never feel good enough. I get comments all the time about what a good mom I am and how I'm a natural born mother but it doesn't feel that way to me and I have a hard time accepting those compliments.
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I believe it is. I will say there have been times when  I was not the best mom possible. I have made mistakes, had off days but for the most part yes I am a great mom.

zadesmom1998
by Breezy on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:03 AM
This exactly

Quoting clasater:

I wish it was natural and easy for me! It's hard as heck for me and I never feel good enough. I get comments all the time about what a good mom I am and how I'm a natural born mother but it doesn't feel that way to me and I have a hard time accepting those compliments.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I'm a naturally impatient individual. So it's a sruggule for me to chill and be patient and extra loving with my baby (soon to be babies). Everything else - like cooking, cleaning, organizing, bills etc etc comes easy.

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:51 AM
I understand what you mean. My moms friends(who I have known since birth) all tell what a good mom I am, but it makes me feel.. almost worse. I think it's because they don't see the bad days or the days where I lock myself in the bathroom for 5 minutes just to take a breath. I know I'm a good mom, but I definitely have to try to be that way most days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichelleSw
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I hear it ALL the time. People will RAVE on & on to others in front I me how great of a mother I am. I'm a mom. I'm not perfect though lol so it makes me feel very awkward and embarrassed! I don't need or want the attention. It is nice to hear sometimes though. I work to be a
Good mom as well. I have to constantly work on myself to be a better person in general.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN