Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

not happy with my sons school should i homeschool or try to switch schools?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:01 AM
  • 28 Replies
my sons school has too many kids 1 teacher to 22 kids! the teachers cant give the students the attention they need. they expect them to behave and act right and them not have to deal with them. his teacher pretty much threatened unless he is on meds he wont pass
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermom0609
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermom0609
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:10 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brebugmom91
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this
YOU are the parent. Not the teachers. I think anyone should EXPECT a child to behave well.

1:22 teacher student ratio isn't horrible.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:11 AM

1 to 22 isn't a huge ratio actually.  Sounds like your child has some issues you need to address I mean of course they should be expected to behave and act right..............

supermom0609
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:12 AM
it isent great either

Quoting brebugmom91:

YOU are the parent. Not the teachers. I think anyone should EXPECT a child to behave well.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:13 AM
2 moms liked this

Not true at all that is actually pretty darn low these days.  Seems you want to blame everyone and everything but your child.

Quoting supermom0609:

it isent great either

Quoting brebugmom91:

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:13 AM
This is kindergarten? That's actually a good ratio. Stop blaming the teachers for your downfalls and get in with your doctor to figure out a treatment program that will actually work for your child. He needs to learn to work on his own because he will be in large groups of students for the rest of his academic life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
supermom0609
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
yes he does have some issues possibly aspergers. we are in the process of getting him evaluated but the teacher pretty much said.unless he is on meds she wont pass him. sounds to me like she just dont want to deal with him

Quoting erinsmom1964:

1 to 22 isn't a huge ratio actually.  Sounds like your child has some issues you need to address I mean of course they should be expected to behave and act right..............

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:14 AM

1:22 is the average size class, if you feel your child needs extra attention, you need to have a 504 or an IEP.

a teacher cannot force medication.

fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:17 AM

1 teacher to 22 kids those are really good numbers!!  Our highschool is 1:50 our elementary schools are 1:17 w/a teacher and a paraprofessional.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)