Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Annoying Barking DOG!!!!!!! =(

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:28 PM
  • 16 Replies

So, i believe that my neighbors got a new puppy about a month or so ago, but lately they have been letting it bark out in the backyard early in the morning for at least an hour! It is disrupting my sleep and DH's, and I'm not sure what to do.  I am not one to go over and complain, I am a very shy quiet person, but I do enjoy my sleep.  I think it is really rude to sit there and let your dog bark on and on for an hour EVERY morning.  What should i do?? It seems that a lot of people are just very inconciderate these days..... I have a dog, and i do NOT let him bark at all! 

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pamelax3
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I would just explain that the barking wakes me up and see if you can come to a compromise

allsolittle
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Some people are just inconsiderate. :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Arwyn724
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Call animal control and file a nuisance report.  They will then come out and investigate with the neighbors.  Or, buy muffling headphones to sleep in.

Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:47 PM

what time?

early for you might  not be early for someone else.

rosie211
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:49 PM

I don't know, I am sorry though and I feel your pain. My neighbor has a dog and he always barks, like all the time. He went for four hours last night. I am going insane. I may follow this thread just to find some good advice....

angie944
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Well, this morning it was from 6:50-8:00 am........ 

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:20 PM
In my neighborhood that's not early. We have tons of guys out mowing before 7 during the summer. Heck half the kids in the neighborhood catch the bus by 6:30. But I can understand how annoying a barking dog can be. I would say just go talk to them. :)
Ms.Pink.
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:39 PM
My neighbor keeps a huge great Dane looked up in a TINY backyard. He barks non stop day and night. My Ds' room is right above the backyards so he gets kept up. I did call animal control and they said there is nothing they can do, only thing I can do if file a noise nuisance report with the police
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little.worthen
by Tess on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Animal control won't do anything if its after 6 am (I tried it on an old neighbor)

Quoting Arwyn724:

Call animal control and file a nuisance report.  They will then come out and investigate with the neighbors.  Or, buy muffling headphones to sleep in.

Val99
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:33 PM

There are noise ordinances.  Normally you can't make disruptive noises before 8AM (barking dog, lawn mower, leaf blower, etc).  I woke up once at 7 AM to hear a lawn mower outside.  I was about to call the cops when I realized it was MY lawn service.  I went out there and gave them a piece of my mind and they never did it again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)