Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Vent!!! Some people need to have their mouths glued shut!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:36 PM
  • 25 Replies
I went with the kids to visit my mom today and help her give her dog a haircut. While there she mentioned that my aunt had called my 93 year old grandma and told her I was out of control. She spewed a bunch of garbage about me and my grandma then called my mother and told her I needed to be set straight.
Apparently I talk to my aunt on Facebook alot. ( have talked to her once about Christmas at grandmas)

I go out and party all the time ( I've gone to 1 party in the last 2 years, this past New Years)

I was dancing with a strange man at a bar ( I was sitting at a bar that our friend has in his basement and smiling while clapping my hands).

I am a catholic rabbit because I have 4 kids and am only 30.

I have a weird house because I moved our family room to the basement and made the old family room into a dining room).

My kids are hyper and skinny because I don't feed them enough food and I bf them too long.

I didn't get ds circumsised so he is going to grow up weird and I should have done the right thing for him at birth.

Dh is lazy and should stop getting me pregnant

It went on and on. I have no idea why my aunt felt the need to talk trash about me and flat out lie. It was totally out of the blue!! Grandma believes what she is told and is so upset with me and with my mother for not 'controlling me better'. What the heck? I'm a super boring homebody. The most drama in my life stems from being slightly poor. Because of that we rarely go out to eat, rarely socialize unless its free and we make due with what we have ( like turning out family room into a dining room instead of moving to a larger house).

I rarely loose my temper but this time I am angry. I put up with a lot of trash talking the last time we were all together for grandmas birthday. I took it with a smile because I didn't want to create drama for grandmas day.

Would you ignore it or call auntie and say something? The whole thing is so stupid. I can't believe grandma believes all this nonsense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theresaphilly
by Theresa on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a catholic rabbit because I have 4 kids and am only 30. I have four kids and I am only 26, wonder what she would call me. Seems like some folks should get a life.

SiempreSola
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 3:53 PM

If it was me then I would say something to her. She has no right to go around making you look bad.

connie45
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:00 PM
4 moms liked this

I'd send her pamphlets on resident psychiatric facilities.  And label the envelope  "Plan for Your Future".

pamelax3
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:17 PM

If it is not true, then do not let it get to you.. SOunds like maybe your Aunt needs drama in her life

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Lol

Quoting connie45:

I'd send her pamphlets on resident psychaitric facilities.  And lable the envelope  "Plan for Your Future:.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:20 PM
I agree. I shouldn't let it get to me but it does. I have never done anything or said anything rude to this woman. I'm always polite, even when she and the rest of that side of the family are not. I just don't see why she has to spew trash.

Quoting pamelax3:

If it is not true, then do not let it get to you.. SOunds like maybe your Aunt needs drama in her life

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terpmama
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:21 PM
I'd spend more time with grandma, or even just call more if she's far away. So that she sees its not true.
tansyflower
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM

best thing to do is to shut it down and dont play into it.  you know who you are and they do not matter.  i cut quite a few family members out of my life recently and am much more happy because of it.  if i see them at a family function i say hello and then walk away...they are not worth my time.

pamelax3
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I know it is hard.. But that is why she is picking on you because you have done nothing to her.. Sounds like she is bored and spewing trash is how she gets her entertainment  

Quoting norahsmommy:

I agree. I shouldn't let it get to me but it does. I have never done anything or said anything rude to this woman. I'm always polite, even when she and the rest of that side of the family are not. I just don't see why she has to spew trash.

Quoting pamelax3:

kobo.mom
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Wow could she be any more rude? That is horrible why would she say stuff like that about you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)