Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

These three little words drive me up the wall!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:37 PM
  • 17 Replies
Dd will be 7 in March. The past few months she has been on this "it's not fair" kick.

"his cookie has four chocolate chips and mine only has three. It's not fair!"

"I have homework and he doesn't. It's not fair!"

"Everybody else took their ds to school and I forgot mine. Its not fair!"

Omg!! Every single day she finds something that isn't fair. I've told her time and again that not everything is fair all the time, but she doesn't understand. I realize she's young and probably won't understand this for a while, but the whiny "it's not fair" thing drives me nuts! Lol. Am I the only mom who hates this phrase? When will it end? Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:40 PM
5 moms liked this

My dad used to tell us, "Life is tough, get a helmet." then he'd whack us upside the head. lol

raczac
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:42 PM
No I hate it too. Mine our 6 and 7 and say it. Although my 6 year old has started saying when his older brothers says it but lifestyle .not fair bubby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilbit53009
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:44 PM

my 3.5 yo says the same thing about EVERYTHING

my mom said it was my favorite saying at that age too...so its pay back to me lol

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:48 PM
My 8 yo is now whining that. She and DS are fighting, I'm ignoring it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ematte2
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Omg she sounds like my dd who just turns seven!!!!! Everything in her words is not fair lately n it's driving me up a wall to!!!!!

Arwyn724
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Haha.  My solution was to have my kids 8 years apart, so they never competed for the same thing at the same time. Seriously, I'm lucky to say they really never went through that phase, thank God.

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Kids drive me nuts:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inspain
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:51 PM

DD1 has never said it.  Does she have siblings?  Maybe that's why DD1 never went through that phase.  I doubt she will at this point, as DD2 is nearly 11 years younger.

HaveFaith1215
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Mine dd is 8 and is juuuuust now starting to get out of that. OMG it would drove me insane too. Hang in there. It'll pass!  

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I get that as well.   DD understands life isnt always fair and she cant always win at games.  That is when the not fair comes into play, if she doesnt win a game we are playing.  It is developmentally common for the 6-7 yr olds for this.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)