Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Teenagers SUCK

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:17 PM
  • 17 Replies

Yes I said it! I swear to God I never was one. LOL

My stepson is soon to be 17.  He does not give a shit about school, a job or getting his drivers license.  I emailed all his teachers because he was saying they would not help him and I wanted to see what was really going on. Well he's failing two classes, two weeks into the semester. He has never asked the teachers for help. He says he does not need help when he is asked. He also spends most his school time working on chainmail he makes.

Well for one the chain mail is gone. It is locked up. Two he is now very aware that we know he's lying out his ass. And Three he probably wont graduate with his class next year. I told him he needs to get his license and a job because he is not going to a freeloader under my roof.

He just does not care. UGH

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Has he always been this way with everything?   I was never that type of teenager heck i rejoiced when i got a job part time since it kept me out of the house and actually boosted my self esteem which others trampled on.

Sunshine2plus2
by Sunshine on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Oh my! I am glad my son is doing well he has to maintain good grades to play football,he loves playing so grades thankfully has never been a problem! 

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

rough.

how about getting him online classes and summer classes to ensure he does graduate?

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:14 PM

My son had a serious case of the seniors his last year. He paid for and passed an online course in three weeks and graduated on time.

deloit
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:22 PM
im so glad that my 14 yr old ds has his mind set on being successful. He makes good grades and since Christmas break he has been going to work with my df at a mechanic shop when he doesnt have school.he wants to build his own car with my df.sorry but i had to brag a little.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kara242
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Yes Yes they do! My 15 yr old has been boy crazy! I yanked her out of the local high school and she is now doing ecot. She was warned! and didnt listen

ladymadrox
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Yeah, is there anything that has changed recently like at home or at school? Maybe someone is giving him a hard time there. If he's usually a pretty good student and kid, there has to be an underlying problem you know?

JustMe0326
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:18 PM
I recommend reading the book "transform your child" by James Leahman. He's the one that runs the program The Total Transformation that you hear all the stupid radio commercials about??
I got this book to try to help with my 9yo sd. It has some good advice. It gives you specific stories about kids and how to handle them. Your story reminds me of one of the stories I read in there about a teenage boy.
Good luck :/ Teens do suck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by Sue on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:22 AM

That sounds super frustrating, vent away!

kansasmom1978
by Katie on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Yeah we did the Total Transformation and it was an epic fail. I got my money back.

Quoting JustMe0326:

I recommend reading the book "transform your child" by James Leahman. He's the one that runs the program The Total Transformation that you hear all the stupid radio commercials about??
I got this book to try to help with my 9yo sd. It has some good advice. It gives you specific stories about kids and how to handle them. Your story reminds me of one of the stories I read in there about a teenage boy.
Good luck :/ Teens do suck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)