Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I'm curious if its a regional or just a familial difference? I was raised in California to call her mom but my mother was raised by southern born parents to call her mama. I'm raising ds in Tennessee and he says mama (and yes ma'am but dh put his foot down about ds saying y'all). So what about y'all? And why do you think?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Replies (121-130):
MessedUpMama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:50 PM

It depends on the situation and who it is. DS #3 just says Mom, most of the time. DS#2 says Mommy when he wants me to do something for him or when he wants me to think of his as my "little boy" He's 30 now and over 6 feet tall! LOL DS#1 usually calls me Mom, but will sometimes say Mama or Mommy if he is feeling nostalgic or need me to be is Mommy rather than his Mom. We live in the Northwest, my boys have been here all their lives. I grew up in the Southwest, with parents an extended family from Oklahoma, Missouri, and Tennessee, so I call my Mom, Mama a lot of the time. My Dad is almost always Daddy. The Grand kids call him Granddaddy which probably reinforces it.

BlessednHappy
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Mama
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kfrog13
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Mama and mommy, but my husband is mostly dada. I think it's because I love how my son sounds when he says it so I repeat him.
Momyplease
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:19 AM
my son call me mommy. or mom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlessedBeX3
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:20 AM

what ever they want to call me. mom, mommy, momma. Just not by my actual name, thats kinda weird

lovebugs_mom906
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:25 AM
My 6 year old calls me mommy or mom. My 2 year old calls me mom mom. I think he does it because he can't very well yet, and that's the closest thing to mommy he can say :-) Its very sweet when he says it.
Gorilla_Mama
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM
I'm mama to my 1 yr old and mommy or mom to my 5 year old
two4one
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I'm from long island and my daughter's call me mama and my dh daddy.

lucaslexie
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Im mom, momma and mommy ;)

SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Both we are in Texas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN