Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Woman sues Match.com after attack----does that mean I can sue my place of employment b/c I dated ....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:43 PM
  • 38 Replies

Poll

Question: can I sue my place of employment just like she is suing match.com?

Options:

go for it

no...

there is a big difference...I will tell you

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 34

View Results

Woman sues Match.com after attack

really?    do you think this is right?

or 

Can I sue the company I work for b/c I dated a coworker and he hit me?

Your thoughts?

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maciymommieof3
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:46 PM

anyone?

Mom2_Jimmy_Anka
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:49 PM
3 moms liked this

Unless your place of employment set you and the person you were dating up there is a big difference. Match.com is a paid service that is supposed to screen their members.

Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:51 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't think either of you should sue and I hope she loses the case or it gets thrown out.  I'm sure Match has terms and conditions that one agrees to when you sign up and they can't possibly be held accountable for the actions of their thousands (millions?) of users.  Anytime you date anyone whether you meet them online, through a friend, at a bar, at church and so on, there is a risk they may end up being crazy.  Life is inherently risky.

maciymommieof3
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:51 PM

and my work does background checks and screens before hiring...

Quoting Mom2_Jimmy_Anka:

Unless your place of employment set you and the person you were dating up there is a big difference. Match.com is a paid service that is supposed to screen their members.

kayandjsmom
by Alecia on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm sorry but if this guy doesn't have a record how does Match.com know he's crazy and wants to kill her. There is a risk in dating anyone, I guess. Meeting them online or on your own and then inviting them over can be dangerous. She didn't need a warning for that.

I do find it terrible that she was attacked though, but I don't think it's the sites fault.

maciymommieof3
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Im not...I was just posting this as hypothetical...

Quoting Kmary:

I don't think either of you should sue and I hope she loses the case or it gets thrown out.  I'm sure Match has terms and conditions that one agrees to when you sign up and they can't possibly be held accountable for the actions of their thousands (millions?) of users.  Anytime you date anyone whether you meet them online, through a friend, at a bar, at church and so on, there is a risk they may end up being crazy.  Life is inherently risky.

maciymommieof3
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:53 PM

100% what I agree with.....

Quoting kayandjsmom:

I'm sorry but if this guy doesn't have a record how does Match.com know he's crazy and wants to kill her. There is a risk in dating anyone, I guess. Meeting them online or on your own and then inviting them over can be dangerous. She didn't need a warning for that.

I do find it terrible that she was attacked though, but I don't think it's the sites fault.

AlohaTink
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't understand online dating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I assumed it was rhetorical, but was just answering the question as posed.

Quoting maciymommieof3:

Im not...I was just posting this as hypothetical...

Quoting Kmary:

maciymommieof3
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:53 PM

yep...Im with ya.

Quoting AlohaTink:

I don't understand online dating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN