Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

wondering if my kindergardener is being bullied

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:46 PM
  • 17 Replies
my son went from loving school excited to.go every day in pre-k and loving his teacher/had friends to me having to fight him every morning(not literally)to make him go and him begging me to let him stay.home. he tells me all the kids are mean to him and talk about him and make fun of him. he says one kid punches him frequently. he also says his teacher is mean and he dont like her. he has no friends. my husband wants to peek in and see what is going on in his classroom or even sneak a camera in there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Have you talked to the teacher?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe his inability to focus and constant getting into trouble is the culprit. What did the teacher say?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brebugmom91
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh dear Lord.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
supermom0609
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM
nope but we are going to asap. i have told my.son several times if anyone is being mean to him to.tell his teacher thats what she is there for. she says he wont do his work but when he got home he had homework and did it for me with no.problems at all got every answer right

Quoting mommytoeandb:

Have you talked to the teacher?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermom0609
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:55 PM
maybe she is picking on him. he was the same way last year that he is this year and his teachers last year never once mentioned he needed medicine or he will fail and he went from not knowing hardley anything to knowing his abcs every sound every letter makes writing his name counting to 100 ect but yet he cant focus

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Maybe his inability to focus and constant getting into trouble is the culprit. What did the teacher say?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermom0609
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:01 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:02 PM
If the inability to focus has been going on since last year, that indicates he has a problem. There is more to learn in K than in pre-K. First grade is the start of real school. If he can't handle K, he will continue to struggle. Just because he can't focus doesn't mean he can't learn. And he was on meds until just a little while ago so he was learning while on the meds. Instead of looking for where to place blame, accept that he needs help and be grateful the teacher is trying to make him successful.

Quoting supermom0609:

maybe she is picking on him. he was the same way last year that he is this year and his teachers last year never once mentioned he needed medicine or he will fail and he went from not knowing hardley anything to knowing his abcs every sound every letter makes writing his name counting to 100 ect but yet he cant focus

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
supermom0609
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:04 PM
the post is about my kid saying every.kid is making fun on him and out of 22 kids he has not one friend

Quoting coolmommy2x:

If the inability to focus has been going on since last year, that indicates he has a problem. There is more to learn in K than in pre-K. First grade is the start of real school. If he can't handle K, he will continue to struggle. Just because he can't focus doesn't mean he can't learn. And he was on meds until just a little while ago so he was learning while on the meds. Instead of looking for where to place blame, accept that he needs help and be grateful the teacher is trying to make him successful.

Quoting supermom0609:

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:12 PM
Until you talk to the teacher, you'll never know. And if he disrupts the class, they won't want to be his friend. Again, not the teacher's fault and working WITH her will help you and DS tremendously. Also talk to the student support counselor. They'll check it observe him in the classroom and see what's going on. If you and DH go in and he sees you, he will change his behavior for you which won't help.

Quoting supermom0609:

the post is about my kid saying every.kid is making fun on him and out of 22 kids he has not one friend

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Quoting supermom0609:

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beth3721
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Talk to the teacher.  I'm not saying it isn't happening, but kids make things up and over exaggerate.  Someone may have punched him one time and he says it's all the time.  My DD told me today that she couldn't eat snack because she wasn't listening during nap time.  That's a load of crap and I know it. 

There could be other reasons he isn't enjoying school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN