Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Are you planning to put your parents in a nursing home?

I refuse to. I've been in some "nice" ones and I've been in some "bad" ones. Abuse happens in all of them. Don't be daft and think it doesn't or can't.

***Yes,I realize that some people have "no other choice" than to put their parents in a home.I'm not directing this at you.***

However, most do it because they can't work taking care of their elderly parents into their busy family schedules. It's a good thing your parents didn't feel the same way about you when YOU were helpless and dependent on them. 

If your parents were assholes...then do what you want. But if your parents loved you and did their best for you...why would you put them through this?

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Replies (191-196):
Dawn4175
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Nope. I cared for my mother until her last breath and my father died when I was a child.

I did, however, tell my kids to put me in one. I don't want them to have to endure the trauma of being required to care for me while I'm dying. I'd rather they just get to grieve the loss of their mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajdahd13
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:34 AM

No. I worked in one, and Im an MA, so I can take care of them if needed. 

Jessy613
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:35 AM

this

Quoting DomesticDoll:

I hope one day to have a big house big enough for my mom to live with me.

etsmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM

No way!  I have worked in many care homes and I would never put them in one. When my Gran was dying, I took care of her at home. I won't ever put my parents in a home.

TJandKarasMom
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:42 AM
My parents are ass holes and are really very young. They can go to a nursing home, I really don't care as I type this. They have hurt me too much for me to put my family in jeopardy when they get old.

My mil on the other hand, she can come live with us. But she is also very young. Seriously, when our parents need a nursing home when they are like 85, we will be 65, lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kimsamomof3
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Yes, I would put my mom in a nursing home. And my mother in law also. I have also told my kids to do the same to me if and when it comes to that point. I WILL not be a burden on my children!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)