Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

SAD, what do you think?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM
  • 6 Replies
Seasonal Affective Disorder.

Do you think it's real or not?

I made a fb post just saying
"Ready for summer!"

Then got into a convo with my aunt about how I just am over the cold, running out of dinner ideas, feel cooped up, cluttered, ect. And FHA aunt said "I think you have SAD..symptoms are same..blah blah ect ect. Then my other aunt chimes in "I think SAD is another made up thing ..blah blah"

Now these three women in there 50s are arguing on my fb post lol...

But what do you think?

I don't care either way lol.. I do get more depressed in winter, but I'm inside for days, I eat more (I'm currently 39 weeks preggo so that's my excuse) ..eat more dark foods since all the fruit and veggies that come in this time of year are icky. I'm not near as active, cause I'm always inside. I don't like going outside in the snow..I try it every year and hate it. It's like 4 degrees outside right now...screw that.

So what's your tale on SAD?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Eh, I think people just like labels these days. I think it has more to do with decreased Vitamin D levels.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlohaTink
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM
My mom and I have it. Until I started my anxiety meds I dreaded winter. But I do still get a little down during this time of year but once I hit January I'm fine. I can't wait for spring and summer and I get so excited!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Thats kinda what I think. But I never really looked into it. Im against all the meds on the market anymore anyways...so its not something id do. But my mom has a SEVERE vit d deficiency...its crazy..she takes one little pearl like pill a week. It is like 10,000 somethings. Its only been 2 weeks but she already feels better. This is all dr prescribed but yea..its crazy.

Quoting beadingmom17:

Eh, I think people just like labels these days. I think it has more to do with decreased Vitamin D levels.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacefaceninja
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Pfft. I naturally medicate any anxiety or depression I have. It's never out of season:)

Rust.n.Gears
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:30 AM
I believe in it. People think everything is "made up" these days: SAD, ADD, Autism, PTSD, Fibromyalgia. Just because they don't have it doesn't make it any less real.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM

My dad has it bad, I remember him sleeping all day and night in the darkest parts of winter as a kid...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)