Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HELP! what are fun creative ways youre preparing your lil one for kindergarten?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:57 AM
  • 1 Replies
I pulled my son out of his headstart class cause I felt this year the program is lacking. I feel he can learn more here with me. He has plenty of interaction with other kids also. We are currently doing a site word of the week, writting, we got a leapfrog tag system to help with reading as well as reading together, we also have been trying out our free month of ABCmouse.com which we both love!!! He's learned so much from it. What are creative things you do to help your lil one ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:09 AM

IDK that I was particularly creative, just always teaching them something. I bought a PreK workbook, this really thick one, from Walmart and went through that with them and taught them everything I thought they needed to know for Kindergarten like letters, shapes, numbers, colors, writing their name, etc. I also taught them to read. They wound up ahead of the Headstart kids in their class when school started because I didn't set any limits on what I thought they should or could learn. We did the worksheets, sang, danced, whatever it took to help keep things interesting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN