Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

is there any truth to this about tax returns

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM
  • 53 Replies
I was told this is the last year people will get money back l. Obama passed something that makes it so people dont get tax refunds at the end of the year anymore and it takes affect this year

Yes no or wtf?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IandLoveandYou
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:32 AM
Doubtful, I haven't heard a single thing about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chamamahaha
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Hum
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Doubtful. The only reason people get taxes back is because they over pay into the system or the credits they qualify for are more than the taxes they owe. They can't keep money that's over paid, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did away with people being able to get credits beyond what is needed to pay their share of taxes. It would save the government a butt load.
Val99
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Fire your tax accountant/lawyer if you get a refund anyway. My tax guy knows better than to give the government an interest-free loan with my money.

And no, there are no new rules that you can't piss away your hard earned cash in interest-free loans to the government. Stop watching Fox News.
chamamahaha
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Well i could obama doing that. He keeps wanting to raise the debt level, so i can see him trying to get more money by not giving us tax back.

Plus i wonder how much he pays for the enterainers he has for parties and events is that also screwing americans over?

Val99
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Performing at white house events is done by invitation,not payment. Performers consider it an honor. That is why you only saw republican performers for Bush/Reagan and democrats for Clinton/Obama.

Quoting chamamahaha:

Well i could obama doing that. He keeps wanting to raise the debt level, so i can see him trying to get more money by not giving us tax back.

Plus i wonder how much he pays for the enterainers he has for parties and events is that also screwing americans over?

chamamahaha
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:43 AM
So they do it for free?

Hummmmmmmm

Quoting Val99:

Performing at white house events is done by invitation,not payment. Performers consider it an honor. That is why you only saw republican performers for Bush/Reagan and democrats for Clinton/Obama.

Quoting chamamahaha:

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Why should they? The majority of what people get back are CREDITS. That is, say you owe the IRS 15,000 in taxes at tax time. You can use your childcare credit to pay down some of that, you can use the child credits and whatever others you qualify for to pay it down to hopefully a zero balance. As if right now that is money they government gives you to help ease the burden of tax time. Right now if your tax liability is less than what the credits you qualify for is they write you a check for the balance. But really, why should they? What makes you think that the government owes you any more than what you may have over paid through the year?

Quoting chamamahaha:

Val99
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Yes, they do it for free for the experience of it. They get to meet high level people in politics that they would never otherwise meet. Then they can get ambassadorships (goodwill) and other honorary titles.

British performers are also not paid to perform for the royal family or be knighted.

Do you watch any station other than Fox News?
chamamahaha
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:55 AM
I dont think they need to pay us back nething , they should make sure they charge us right in the first place

I dont think we should pay them anything out of our checks for taxes, we pay taxes daily on things we buy, yearly for the homes we live in. We keep pulling money out of our pockets.

I think america failed. Sad to say we fell. We filled our country with cheap crap n cheap ass people. We are in reality a poor quailty country with corupt people looking for the easy way out.

Quoting shadow_lark:

Why should they? The majority of what people get back are CREDITS. That is, say you owe the IRS 15,000 in taxes at tax time. You can use your childcare credit to pay down some of that, you can use the child credits and whatever others you qualify for to pay it down to hopefully a zero balance. As if right now that is money they government gives you to help ease the burden of tax time. Right now if your tax liability is less than what the credits you qualify for is they write you a check for the balance. But really, why should they? What makes you think that the government owes you any more than what you may have over paid through the year?

Quoting chamamahaha:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)