Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Opinions needed

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

Please tell me I dont sound desperate. Here is what I put on my facebook.

As many of you know I am just starting out in the cake business. If you have ordered a cake/cupcakes from me, if you could please comment on my Cake Wanted page. Word of mouth is everything and I appreciate everyone who has ordered from me. Thank you.
https://www.facebook.com/CakeWanted

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

No you don't sound desperate. Good luck I hope your business takes off.

justcyarra
by Brandi on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Thank you. Everyone that has ordered from me has put comments in my personal page and my husband said I needed to ask them to make a comment on my business page, I just didn't want to sound like I was fishing for compliments.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

No you don't sound desperate. Good luck I hope your business takes off.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TattoomamaPink
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM

I do not think you sound desperate... you sound like your just promoting your business... hope all works out for you!!! GoodLuck!!!

Due9
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:07 AM

No. It sounds fine

trainlady
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Word of mouth is excellent advertising. You might want to add a line asking them to respond by giving you some ideas of what specialties they would like to see you produce. This brings them into the conversation and others will respond to it, thus putting your business at the tip of their tongue.

justcyarra
by Brandi on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:03 PM

BUMP!!

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:41 PM
This...

Quoting trainlady:

Word of mouth is excellent advertising. You might want to add a line asking them to respond by giving you some ideas of what specialties they would like to see you produce. This brings them into the conversation and others will respond to it, thus putting your business at the tip of their tongue.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:46 PM
I just went to your page. FB is interactive...you need to be posting all of the time and encouraging others to reply and keep your posts active. If you don't have anything to say, post cake trivia or new techniques you're trying, new flavors, etc. Valentine's Day is coming up, maybe show some heart or romantic cupcakes.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

This...

Quoting trainlady:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DKk0531
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Nope! I think thats awesome! I see that alot on fb from my friends starting out on things...cake decorating, paralegal, music. I think its awesome
Rust.n.Gears
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Definately not. That is how you get ahead in the food industry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)