Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

On my way to the ER.. scared! ***UPDATE IN RED***

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:46 PM
  • 50 Replies

Little back story here.. Since I gave birth to my 1 year old I have had heart palpitations. Never anything regular or scary it just happens maybe once a month or so. I have been trying since the new year to lose weight and have lost 11 pounds this month but the more I work out the worse the palpatations have gotten, once or twice a week if not more, til today. . its been non stop since I got out of bed. everytime I stand up my heart starts flip flopping around in there and over the past hour its gotten worse and is making me dizzy when it happens.. I am scared! I dont have insurance, seems they dropped me without telling me, so this is going to cost me a shit load of money, but I am afraid I am going to have a heart attack or something.. Anyone ever experience anything like this? I am posting to try to calm myself down til we get to the hospital..

WOW what a night! Didnt get home from the ER til 12:30 am, had to finally eat some dinner and get the kids from my mother in laws house next door, by then I was to pooped to update.. Well, xrays, EKG and blood work all came back fine, but my thyroid levels were low. They said there standards are between 0.34 and 4.82 and mine was at 0.18, which he said might have something to do with it and that I should get insurance as soon as I can and get a regular Dr to treat it. Other than that he says it looks like the palpatations are PAC's (premature Atrial Contractions) and that a lot of perfectly health people have them and some (the luck ones) dont feel them at all and some unlucky ones (like me) feel every one of them.

I put myself on a diet at the begining of the year, more exercise and no caffien, but Friday night I did have a few sodas after not having any for a while, so he said that might have something to do with it, but most likely its from so much stress (4 kids, ages 1, 2, 3, and 6, all girls, 6 year old thinks shes 16, 2 year old has health problems and we are at Shriners Childrens Hospital all the time with her, house is falling apart, evrything) So my best bet is to try to stay calm and not get to angry or stressed out, no more sodas, and less exercise more dieting til my weight goes down a bit more, then SLOWLY add exercise into it.. I am a big woman, 250 when I started my diet/working out at the begining of the year, 240 now, but I was 140 when I met DH and have gained all this weight once I started having kids.. I also used to live in a different town and nobody in my family had a car so we would walk EVERYWHERE, since I was a kid, then I moved here and have no friends, no life outside of the house and we are not near any place worth walking to.. Ughhh it was just one scary night! I have been resting all day and have only had 3 palpatations.. Lets hope I can get in to see a regular Dr and stick with a diet plan that works to get my butt into shape and STOP this crap!

Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WillVon
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Hmm since you noticed it when you worked out I'd say heart murmur. Or at least the progressed version ASD (atrial septial defect). I have that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wicked.Jester
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:49 PM
7 moms liked this

I will never understand people who post on CM supposedly in the middle of an emergency.  Seriously?

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Bump! Feel better!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I get it from exaustion , so I have ot be really carefull. My mom has them from having high blood preasure even though its mannaged.

better safe then sorry

unspecified42
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm guessing PVCs. But who knows.

Jynnifer292
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

I will never understand people who post on CM supposedly in the middle of an emergency.  Seriously?

She said she was posting to calm herself on the way to the hospital. Should she be freaking out instead. smh

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I hope they can figure it out.  I know when people start to intensely work out they can feel like they are dying and that causes them to give up.   You may have to do a stress test.

ZakkarysMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:53 PM
2 moms liked this
I have palpitations sometimes. I have mitral valve prolapse with mild regurgitation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stykir
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:55 PM
2 moms liked this

someone is driving her to the hospital...what's wrong with getting on cm to get her mind off how scared she is? hope everything's ok, OP

Quoting Wicked.Jester:

Jynnifer292
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I developed gluten intolerance after my first pregnancy. They say pregnancy can trigger it. If I accidentally eat it, I will have heart palpatations. Pregnancy can trigger a whole lot of stuff. Good luck. I hope it is nothing serious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)