Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My two dumb cats and dog are driving me insane. They have taken to peeing and pooping on any laundry or blanket, fighting constantly and knocking everything over. They are all adult animals and this behavior has been around 2-3 months. Ive tried EVERYTHING. Different litter boxes. Taking the dog out every 20 min. Separating the animals. Nothing works. I cant deal with them being nasty and ruining my house by pissing on everything anymore. I'm so sick of it. Tonight the cat pissed in my pjama drawer and the dog pisses on my fucking bed, RIGHT after I took it out and watched it potty. There was piss on my kitchen floor today too and all over my kids clean laundry. I really am beginning to hate these animals.

ETA

* Been to the vet. Nothing wrong with any of them.

* I have a kennel for the dog that I use.

* The cats moan and howl when I put them in a kitty kennel, then when they are out they freak out even more. That didnt work.

* No new recent changes in my house.

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:27 PM
My friend had to do it with her cats. They started peeing all over...on clothes, furniture, rugs...and her daughter was a baby. You can't have constant filth in your home when you have kids like that :( Luckily, her dad lives on a farm and they are happy kitties now and she still gets to see them :)

Quoting ERMAGERRD:

Ugh I hate to do that. I love my foggy and my oldest cat but I cant take this nastyness.

Quoting beadingmom17:

Yeah, they would have been gone (re-homed) already if it were me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:28 PM
5 moms liked this
Sane people don't assign the same value to their pets as they do their children.

Quoting demonica29:

My son has peed in my bed on occasion, I wouldn't dream of calling him 'it'. My 85 pound pithull and three cats have, never done so. Just saying, youre apparently doing something wrong. 

Quoting ERMAGERRD:

Oh shut the hell up. I'm pissed the fuck off at IT right now. IT pissed on my bed.

Quoting demonica29:

Well, the fact that you referred to your dog as "it" tells me a lot. It tells me that you don't value your pets as creatures with souls and feelings, rather you see them as belongings.  Hell,  if you treated me with that much distain I'd pee all over your stuff too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ERMAGERRD
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:29 PM
I think the cats are gonna have to go :(

Quoting beadingmom17:

My friend had to do it with her cats. They started peeing all over...on clothes, furniture, rugs...and her daughter was a baby. You can't have constant filth in your home when you have kids like that :( Luckily, her dad lives on a farm and they are happy kitties now and she still gets to see them :)

Quoting ERMAGERRD:

Ugh I hate to do that. I love my foggy and my oldest cat but I cant take this nastyness.

Quoting beadingmom17:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ERMAGERRD
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Exactly! I care about them which is why ive put up with it for this long, but I cant do it anymore.

Quoting Paperfishies:

Sane people don't assign the same value to their pets as they do their children.

Quoting demonica29:

My son has peed in my bed on occasion, I wouldn't dream of calling him 'it'. My 85 pound pithull and three cats have, never done so. Just saying, youre apparently doing something wrong. 

Quoting ERMAGERRD:

Oh shut the hell up. I'm pissed the fuck off at IT right now. IT pissed on my bed.

Quoting demonica29:

Well, the fact that you referred to your dog as "it" tells me a lot. It tells me that you don't value your pets as creatures with souls and feelings, rather you see them as belongings.  Hell,  if you treated me with that much distain I'd pee all over your stuff too.

Faithums
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:33 PM
My suggestion would be a behaviorist, if you want to try and keep them. Have there been any changes, besides fighting that occurred recently ?
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Have you taken them to the vet or anything to see what would have caused the change in last few months?  Something had to trigger it and it will take correction to fix it.  Not sure what though.  The oldest could be losing their bladder control.

LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:45 PM
2 moms liked this

ya know, this is so stupid. obviously we wouldn't rehome our kids. how stupid. pets are animals. plus, it is illegal to take your kids to a field and throw them out of the car window!

Quoting demonica29:

Would you rehome your kids if they didn't behave?  Both pets and kids are a lifetime commitment. Just sayin'.

Quoting beadingmom17:

ERMAGERRD
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:45 PM
I haven't been able to find anyone like that near here.

Quoting Faithums:

My suggestion would be a behaviorist, if you want to try and keep them. Have there been any changes, besides fighting that occurred recently ?

ERMAGERRD
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Yep they have all had check ups and were fine. No medical issues.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Have you taken them to the vet or anything to see what would have caused the change in last few months?  Something had to trigger it and it will take correction to fix it.  Not sure what though.  The oldest could be losing their bladder control.

Faithums
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Your vet should be able to help you find one. Some shelters have trainers/behaviorists available on sliding scales too. Good luck I hope they stop messing everywhere soon!

Quoting ERMAGERRD:

I haven't been able to find anyone like that near here.

Quoting Faithums:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN