Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My two dumb cats and dog are driving me insane. They have taken to peeing and pooping on any laundry or blanket, fighting constantly and knocking everything over. They are all adult animals and this behavior has been around 2-3 months. Ive tried EVERYTHING. Different litter boxes. Taking the dog out every 20 min. Separating the animals. Nothing works. I cant deal with them being nasty and ruining my house by pissing on everything anymore. I'm so sick of it. Tonight the cat pissed in my pjama drawer and the dog pisses on my fucking bed, RIGHT after I took it out and watched it potty. There was piss on my kitchen floor today too and all over my kids clean laundry. I really am beginning to hate these animals.

ETA

* Been to the vet. Nothing wrong with any of them.

* I have a kennel for the dog that I use.

* The cats moan and howl when I put them in a kitty kennel, then when they are out they freak out even more. That didnt work.

* No new recent changes in my house.

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Replies (31-40):
momalee40
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Dont want to offend but i have worked for a vet for over 16 yrs, animals dont just start fighting and soiling their home for no reason. Something has set it off. There are also animal behaviorist that could help.
trainlady
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:35 AM
2 moms liked this

Something is bother them. What has changed in the past couple of months that might cause this? It could be anything like you changed the air freshener in the house or something like that. Try putting them in dog and cat crates at night to keep them out of trouble. Another trick to get animals to avoid certain places is soak cotton balls in amonia. Then after they have thoroughly got the amonia in them set them out to dry. You won't smell the dry amonia after they are dry but the animals will. Then put the amonia soaked and dry cotton balls wherever they have been doing the most damage and it with either stop them or slow them down. If you have a new baby in the house there is a possiblity they are jealous and this is their way of demanding attention. Some times we don't realize that animals have feelings too and when the new addition to the family suddently starts getting the majority of attention they get jealous, and taking them out to pee is not the attention they need. But I would separate them at night and see if that slows things down. Get some treats and pay a little more attention to them individually. I have several cats and a dog and they chase each other around especially in the middle of the night playing, but they don't pee or poop on anything. Their worse sin is knocking things off the end tables. Give your vet a call and see what he/she has to say about the problem. Good Luck

SpiritedWitch
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Oh no, didn't you know that pets are just "stupid fucking animals" (actually saw that phrase on here) and therefore are disposable?? 

Quoting demonica29:

Would you rehome your kids if they didn't behave?  Both pets and kids are a lifetime commitment. Just sayin'.

Quoting beadingmom17:

Yeah, they would have been gone (re-homed) already if it were me.

SpiritedWitch
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:51 AM

It's fucking ILLEGAL to do that to ANIMALS as well. Not to mention fucking cruel and inhumane!! 

Quoting LoveMyLos:

ya know, this is so stupid. obviously we wouldn't rehome our kids. how stupid. pets are animals. plus, it is illegal to take your kids to a field and throw them out of the car window!

Quoting demonica29:

Would you rehome your kids if they didn't behave?  Both pets and kids are a lifetime commitment. Just sayin'.

Quoting beadingmom17:

LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:56 AM
2 moms liked this
OMG! REALLY? Calm your ovaries.

Quoting SpiritedWitch:

It's fucking ILLEGAL to do that to ANIMALS as well. Not to mention fucking cruel and inhumane!! 

Quoting LoveMyLos:

ya know, this is so stupid. obviously we wouldn't rehome our kids. how stupid. pets are animals. plus, it is illegal to take your kids to a field and throw them out of the car window!

Quoting demonica29:

Quoting beadingmom17:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:59 AM

my 2 cats hate each other and my dog does things she is not suppose to do daily... I feel your pain, but love them too much to get rid of any of them... so I live with the fighting and peeing on things... thankfully they dont pee on much anymore, just certain spots in the house and occasionally my purse or any clothes left on the table or chairs or counters and plastic bags...

demonica29
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Wow, seriously?  Guess what?  It's illegal totale your pets to a field and throw them out the car window as well.  SMHD

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Quoting demonica29:

Quoting beadingmom17:

LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

again, OMG! REALLY???????????????????????????????

Quoting demonica29:

Wow, seriously?  Guess what?  It's illegal totale your pets to a field and throw them out the car window as well.  SMHD

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Quoting demonica29:

Quoting beadingmom17:

norwgnwood
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Aaah!!! I hate that people are comparing kids to animals! They are not even close to being the same! Get rid of the pissers! I'll never understand why people put animals on such high pedestals. Nothing has the right to destroy your home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlessedBeX3
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM

you should kennel them.

as in get kennels for your home to put them in when they use the bathroom in places that they aren't supposed to.

My dog has also been going potty in our home and we dont have a kennel yet. My oldest sister left her dog kennel which would fit my dog at my moms house who lives with my other sister. My middle sister has TWO cats..she doesn't need a dog kennel for them and my mom said it just sits around collecting dust (for the past three years) but my sister refuses to let me have it. So i'm talking to my oldest sister soon to get it bc its not my middle sisters. It wasn't given to her, it was just left at my moms house. I really really need that kennel and those things are DAMN expensive lol especially at that size

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)