Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My two dumb cats and dog are driving me insane. They have taken to peeing and pooping on any laundry or blanket, fighting constantly and knocking everything over. They are all adult animals and this behavior has been around 2-3 months. Ive tried EVERYTHING. Different litter boxes. Taking the dog out every 20 min. Separating the animals. Nothing works. I cant deal with them being nasty and ruining my house by pissing on everything anymore. I'm so sick of it. Tonight the cat pissed in my pjama drawer and the dog pisses on my fucking bed, RIGHT after I took it out and watched it potty. There was piss on my kitchen floor today too and all over my kids clean laundry. I really am beginning to hate these animals.

ETA

* Been to the vet. Nothing wrong with any of them.

* I have a kennel for the dog that I use.

* The cats moan and howl when I put them in a kitty kennel, then when they are out they freak out even more. That didnt work.

* No new recent changes in my house.

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Replies (41-50):
almostthere55
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow...wish I never opened this post.  Makes me sick to hear how people talk about their pets.  They ARE more than just fur and bones or you wouldn't have brought them in your home in the first place.  They are animals..not humans...as some have pointed out, but does that make them any less important to us?  I have had dogs all my life. My current dogs are both 8 years old.  If they all of a sudden started soiling my home or fighting, I would KNOW that something is wrong. Whether it be a health issue (which is where I would start), or a change in the house, I would figure it out.  Animals are good for the soul and will be your friend for life. 

jmp1279
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:35 AM

have you taken them to a veterinarian? they could have a medical condition that is causing them to pee all over the place.  if it is behavioral there is medication for that as well.  

LaughingTattoo
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:38 AM

We were having that problem with Khan (our 6 year old German Boxer).......finally I had enough. Both dogs were locked in the kitchen nightly and anytime we left for a couple months. He stopped thankfully but the next step would have been the vet, and then if nothing was actually wrong with him, a new home. I LOVE animals.....but these were not my dogs to begin with and they are filthy and werent trained not to get on furniture, I have little tolerance for them. Were all learning to live together but Ive told dh, any biting of my kids, too much mess, ect....and they are gone

ellinger03
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:43 AM

OMG!!!!!!!REALLY

Quoting demonica29:

Well, the fact that you referred to your dog as "it" tells me a lot. It tells me that you don't value your pets as creatures with souls and feelings, rather you see them as belongings.  Hell,  if you treated me with that much distain I'd pee all over your stuff too.

ladybuglove08
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
My doxi started peeing in the house. I took her to the vet and she was loaded with crystals, making it painful for her to urinate. Have you had their urine checked?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lageise
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:01 PM

How about taking them to a vet?  If this is new behavior, maybe something is wrong physically.  A crate is a good idea too for the dog anyway.

ERMAGERRD
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Oh shut up. I take GREAT care of these pets and they just piss and shit on my things in return for no apparent reason. I have taken them all to the vet to see whats up, and nothing is wrong with any of them. They are just being territorial and bratty.

Quoting almostthere55:

Wow...wish I never opened this post.  Makes me sick to hear how people talk about their pets.  They ARE more than just fur and bones or you wouldn't have brought them in your home in the first place.  They are animals..not humans...as some have pointed out, but does that make them any less important to us?  I have had dogs all my life. My current dogs are both 8 years old.  If they all of a sudden started soiling my home or fighting, I would KNOW that something is wrong. Whether it be a health issue (which is where I would start), or a change in the house, I would figure it out.  Animals are good for the soul and will be your friend for life. 

ERMAGERRD
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I did and they are fine physically. The dog does have a crate, sometimes when I let her out she will just RUN and go find a spot to pee before I can even pick her up to let her out to pee. Or ill let her out to pee, then she will come in and find a spot to pee. Its sick.

Quoting lageise:

How about taking them to a vet?  If this is new behavior, maybe something is wrong physically.  A crate is a good idea too for the dog anyway.

demonica29
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I really would pee allover she stuff. 

Quoting ellinger03:

OMG!!!!!!!REALLY

Quoting demonica29:

Well, the fact that you referred to your dog as "it" tells me a lot. It tells me that you don't value your pets as creatures with souls and feelings, rather you see them as belongings.  Hell,  if you treated me with that much distain I'd pee all over your stuff too.

ellinger03
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Yes there are places for troubles kids too. But she is not talking about kids

Quoting demonica29:

Would you rehome your kids if they didn't behave?  Both pets and kids are a lifetime commitment. Just sayin'.

Quoting beadingmom17:

Yeah, they would have been gone (re-homed) already if it were me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)