Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help Need advice??

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 8:21 AM
  • 4 Replies
hello my name is sabrina. I just joined .  I have a question.  I was just ask to babysitt a 1year old 6 year old. But i'm not sure what to charge? I watch one little boy I get 20.00 for all day 10.00   for the days he goes to school. But what about two kids? I don't want to under pay myself or over charge the parent?
Any advice????????????     
by on May. 4, 2007 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
panda1218
by on May. 4, 2007 at 8:23 AM
i would charge full price for 1st child and half price for other
MOTHER-2-3
by on May. 4, 2007 at 8:32 AM

Quoting panda1218:

i would charge full price for 1st child and half price for other
     I agree, that sounds like a fair idea, just make sure if your supplying the food and other necessities that it's still worth your time and energy!
stace673
by on May. 4, 2007 at 10:29 AM
 I agree with charging full price for the first and half price for the second.  some of the things I think about when deciding what to charge, I watch kids in my home as well) are age of the child, are they potty trained (I charge more if I have to change diapers) am I providing meals and snacks or just a snack .   At twenty dollars a day your charging a lot less than a daycare would.  
  I have a 3 and a 5 year old I had them in daycare for a couple of months.  I paid 160 dollars a week for both of them.  My 5 year old was half day as he went to kindergarten in the afternoon  and my 3 year old was there all day.  They ate breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack at daycare.

Hope this is helpful. Laughing
Sabrina1
by on May. 4, 2007 at 10:31 AM
thankyou for your replies!! SO I was thinking 30 a day thats 20 for the baby and 10 for the 6 year old. sound fair??  I guess i'm just afraid to say too much I live in small town Everybody talks if u know what i mean!  Thanks agian!!!!!

Sabrina  
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)