Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Watching my father die, need company

Posted by   + Show Post

Or maybe a good argument to keep my mind occupied. I flew into Boston from Poemix with my five year old son. My mom and half brother picked us up at the airport and we came straight to the hospital. As recently as this morning they thought he had a couple of weeks.  When I called to tell my mom my plane was delayed she told me he had less than 24 hours.   So we came straight from the airport. They stayed a little while and then went home. I'm spending the night in his room.

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll Give You One for a Price

emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:48 PM

No Need to Make a Scene

emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:48 PM
2 moms liked this

You Could Call it Disaster Relief

zadesmom1998
by Breezy on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Virtual hugs and positive thoughts headed your way. I spent a couple nights in the hospital with my step mom. When she was released to hospice it was so much easier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:49 PM
5 moms liked this

Careful, Barack

demonica29
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this

This sucks. My father was an alcoholic, prescription drug addict, abusive son of a bitch. He was awful to both of his ex-wives and all three of us kids. I didn't think his passing would affect me so much. Is sure as hell doesn't seem to affect my brother or sister.  She lives in Boston and hasn't been to see him at all my brother flew in Friday night and came for about an hour yesterday and maybe 20 minutes when they brought me here. I know everybody deals with things different'y. But he is our father, all of ours. And nobody, NOBODY deserves to die alone. 

ZakkarysMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:57 PM
lol..

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

No Need to Make a Scene

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caseyskitten
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:03 AM
I'm praying for you and your family ..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
demonica29
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Alrighty then. Thanks guys. I think I'm going to curl up is that comfy looking (not) recliner and try to get some sleep. It has been a long ass day. 

demonica29
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:36 AM

About 5:30 now and we made it though the night. The nurse and aide are bathing and turning him now slim in the cafeteria eating crap from the vending machine cuz the car isn't open yet. I'd say under the circumstances I made pretty okay food choices.  I wanted chips but got pretzels. I wanted a Snicker but got Starburst. Okay, the candy was a mistake, they were right next to each other and I just hit the wrong button. But starbust are gonna mess with my tummy way less. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)