Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Watching my father die, need company

Posted by   + Show Post

Or maybe a good argument to keep my mind occupied. I flew into Boston from Poemix with my five year old son. My mom and half brother picked us up at the airport and we came straight to the hospital. As recently as this morning they thought he had a couple of weeks.  When I called to tell my mom my plane was delayed she told me he had less than 24 hours.   So we came straight from the airport. They stayed a little while and then went home. I'm spending the night in his room.

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Replies (31-40):
Momyplease
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Ohh my goodness Im so sorry for this horrible time. I will pay for him and for your family and yourself. I hope you find comfort. Good bless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trainlady
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Not knowing the circumstances of his health I am assuming he is elderly and either passing because of age or serious illness. Some years ago when my mil was in the hospital and had only a few days or hours, we went to see her and spent a lot of time there. We watched her struggle to stay with us and go through a lot of pain. As I was sitting beside her bed and holding her hand I told her it was okay for her to let go and reach her reward. I told her we were going to be fine and so were her grandchildren. I promised her that we would never let the children forget their wonderful loving grandmother. We assured her that we only wanted her released from her pain. I told her "let go", free yourself and go to your reward where she could watch over us forever. Within a few minutes she passed on with a smile on her face. I was so glad that she was out of the pain and not struggling to stay here with us at the cost of pain. Seeing that smile on her face was wonderful after all the problems she had had. The kids saw it and so did my husband. We all said a prayer and we all were glad she was free. Good luck and God Bless.

ILoveMyKids84_
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I am sorry,my thoughts and prayers are with You :-(

ILoveMyKids84_ AKA _WC_Mama

Poohy1975
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. My dad is still alive but i lost my son two weeks ago today. So  i know the pain.

Diamepphyre
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:22 PM

*** Hugs ****  I'm so sorry.  That's very hard.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:34 PM

So sad for you, I can relate. We probably saw my father in law for the last time alive yesterday (he's being moved to a hospice today). So hard to leave knowing that may be it, my husband is devastated and it's agonizing to see. I hope you find some comfort soon.

KeepOnWalking
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:40 PM
I am so sorry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I am so sorry.

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:20 PM
3 moms liked this
Sorry to hear about your father. As hard as it is for you, just imagine the comfort you are bringing him.

Oh yeah, I think it will be ok for me to put my newborn in a booster seat. I want to put Coca-cola in her bottle, and do you think it is ok to let a 6 week old eat whole grapes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tameez
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I am so sorry that you are going through this....  I did this with my mother, she passed from cancer.  My dad isn't in the best of health and I don't anticipate it will be long till we are doing the same with him. It's a very difficult but very brave thing to do.  Talk to him, tell him everything that you ever wanted to say and didn't.  Let him know it's ok to go, that he will find love and peace and ask him to send you a sign that he made it and is ok.   My mom finally left us when we began talking about her daddy, how he was probably waiting for her and then I heard her last breath.  I think we were right....  There are things I would have changed for her last day on this earth, but we made the best of what we were given and as hard as it was having those moments with mom, by ourselves, I'm so glad I have that memory.   God Bless you and your family.  Love and Light to your father. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)