Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

So mad, ex killed lot of cats while my kids were over for a visit.

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:54 AM
  • 15 Replies

So angry at the moment. My youngest DD has emotional and behavioral issues and has just now this weekend started being able to go back to her dads for daytime visits (no over nights) while my oldest DD has been spending every other weekend at her dads. (Youngest didnt deal well with his new much older wife and her moving her grown children and her grandchildren in to his house. Partly because when my girls are at his house that makes 11 people in a 3 bedroom trailer but thats a whole nother story lol)   They came home last night telling me that their dad killed about 10 of their pet cats because they were sick and only 4 cats are still alive(yes he had a LOT of  cats and about as many dogs).  They did not take them to the vet, he doesn't ever take any pet to a vet, even one that broke its leg he just duct taped it.  Instead he took his rifle out and slaughtered them all.  While my kids were at his house.  True they were inside the house but they still knew what was going on.  Their step mother told them she "didnt believe in giving animals chemicals" and that they "lived free so should die free"  Can I say wth?  We live in a rural part of the county, there is not an ASPCA  that I know of in the county so I cant turn him in there.. Not sure what to do exactly.. I already have a call in to my girls counsleor/therapist so she can help with dealing with emotions.  Had a talk with the girls regarding that is not an approriate way to treat an animal.  They have watched animal cops on animal planet before so I asked them what would happen to someone on that show if they did what their dad did.  We ourselves recently had to take our dog to the vet after another dog was in our yard and attacked him, causing an eye injury that resulted in having to remove his eye, so I know at home we are teaching them the right way to care for a sick or injured pet.  I called him and told him that was not right at all but what the hell was he doing it when the kids are there.  Not sure what to do from this point.. I feel like he needs to be punished but I do not feel that calling the sherrifs office will do anything much more that stir up  trouble.  There are no leash laws, people let their dogs roam free, and a lot of people out here think the proper way to deal with a sick animal is to kill it.  Any advice on dealing with this kind of situation?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessy613
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:55 AM

wow....no advice 

Good luck. 

KawaiiNerrie
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Wtf? There is no way in Hell that I would allow my children to go back there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amber_jean101
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM
3 moms liked this

Why would you even let your kids go to a place like that... and killing an animal is NEVER and option get them to a vet! I have never known anyone who would even consider killing an animal... and calling the police would have been the first thing I did along with animal control! You don't kill animals like that... Sick people do things like that. And my god how could you subject your children to people that obviously need help!

chickensmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
That's disgusting and disturbing. I would not let my child over there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
la-cosa-nostra
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I would have stopped the visits at 11 people and that many animals in a trailer anyway. Turn him in to the cops, its still illegal.
Momyplease
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
first of all. thank God your not with him anymore.
How about calling the social worker if you have one. this is not good thing for children to see.

I would try my best to have the visitations supervised Pluse 11 people and that many animals are not healthy to live together.

there must be some law against that.
I just feel the whole situation is bad and not good for children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saphiraka
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

It is called a court order.. not a choice I made to send them ..   I am aware that they should go to the vet.. I said that.. I also take my animals to the vet.. I said that as well.  Also too there is no animal control/aspca in the this county.  Your response was not helpful nor did it include any advice which is what was asked for.  Thank You anyway... My breaking the law by not sending them  to their dad's before I know that  apparently He and his new wife would do something like this..  Too bad Im not psychic huh so I would know they were going to do something like this..

Quoting amber_jean101:

Why would you even let your kids go to a place like that... and killing an animal is NEVER and option get them to a vet! I have never known anyone who would even consider killing an animal... and calling the police would have been the first thing I did along with animal control! You don't kill animals like that... Sick people do things like that. And my god how could you subject your children to people that obviously need help!

chickensmommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree... Time to go back to court.
Allebas
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:17 AM

WOW!!! Maybe just maybe--the courts will take his visitation rights away from him!!! That would be the BEST outcome IMO!!! 11 ppl in a tiny trailer, a crap-load of animals, and an ex who thinks its perfectly 'fine' to kill cats while his children are present? YA!! He sounds like he needs some real mental help there!! Glad you are NOT with that creep any more!!! I really hope your ex gets his visitation either stopped altogether, or that they make it supervised only and not at his house!!! Good luck! Please update with any new info!!

AdensMommy1107
by what's my rank? on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Wow :/ I think that's such a disgusting and horrible way to deal with a sick animal. If I recall correctly though, there was a post on CM a while ago regarding this and many found it acceptable to "take the animal out back" But when your children are over? WTF! I'd make a report of this. Also I'm sure that many people/animals in a small living space is unhealthy and illegal. Use this to modify the court order!! Your girls shouldn't have to be subjected to all that crazy :/ Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)