Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

the EX BOYFRIEND

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:40 AM
  • 14 Replies
I have a friend who still talks to her ex, and now she is married with a baby girl asked me if I thought that was bad, of course I said yes, her husband gets very upset she does not let him talk to his ex.personally I think its bad very disrespectful to your partner, no reason to keep in touch, my ex would still text me wanted to be friends after even telling him to stop, in a very mean way asked him to leave me alone finally he did.my opinion is why still have your ex in you're life now, he is from you're past leave him there there is a reason why he is I'm your past right? What do you guys think?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:43 AM
2 moms liked this

i still talk to my ex boyfriends and he still talks to some of his ex girlfriends.. i see nothing wrong if the relationship ended on good terms.

we actually went to my ex boyfriends wedding about 2 years ago.  she knew who i was, and she has no problem with me.  they just had a baby recently, we exchange cards, gifts, etc.

i see nothing wrong with it.

what i see wrong is the fact that she doesn't ALLOW/like/want her DH to talk to his exGFs

thats wrong... if she can do it, so can he

favi_donnie22
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:56 AM
True,as for me no reason left to talk to my ex, either does my bf have one.as for my friend yes if she can he should too agree with you there, do what you wouldn't mind your partner doing as well, or don't do what you wouldn't want you're partner to do, that's what I go for.
Megan11587
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I still talk to my ex boyfriends. Usually only through text. I don't go hang out with them, or anything. DH doesn't care.
Gorilla_Mama
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
There are a couple exs I still talk to but my DH is okay with it. We even had one over for dinner recently. And then there are others that we ended on bad terms and I have no desire to ever see or speak to again. The big problem I see with it is she's not "letting" him talk to his exs as well if he so desires. Both people need to be on the same page when it comes to exs and friendships.
sophiasmommy27
by Sarah Sweetheart on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I still talk to some of my ex's...
there's a reason they're my ex, but tha doesn't make them a terrible person. so why can't we just be friends, kwim?
mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
We don't tell each other who we can and can't talk to. We are both friends with one of his ex gfs. I have one ex on fb and he has two along with plenty of his old friends with benefits. I don't care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this
My first bf from high school is my UPS man at work. Lol we chat about our kids and stuff. My last ex I still talk to. We don't hang out in respect to my current bf. then I have to talk to my kid's dad. Bf understands that. I wouldn't go out or hang out because it's disrespectful to my current guy.
boshs1andonly
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

My only issue is that she acts like she should be able to do it but he can't. That's bs. But if neither person had an issue, it's their relationship and their boundary to set. I don't really talk to my ex's, one is an fb friend but I don't ever talk to him otherwise. Dh doesn't talk to his either. 

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't see the big deal with keeping in touch with an ex (aasuming it ended well). That person was important to you once. The thing I do think is wrong is that her DH can't do it but she can. To me, that is wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jynnifer292
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband's ex girlfriend is on my FB friend list. I have no problem with keeping in touch and light conversation. They split up amicably. No hard feelings and don't seem to have any interest in each other. I think every situation is different.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)