Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Who do your kids act like?

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM
  • 2 Replies

You or their father? How?

Who do you act like, Mom or dad? How?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
demonica29
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:58 AM

My son is a total mini-me.  He uses long sentences and giant words (well, giant for a five year old.)  hehas my vocal intonations down pat for when he talks back by mimicking me (so hard not to laugh sometimes.). He has most of the same gestures I do and he has adopted many of my pet phrases,one that comes to mind is, "Really, mom?"

But I wouldn't expect anything different. He is the only child of a single mom, who else would he model his behavior after?  Oh and he's a straight up geek like me, too.  He loves school and is excelling at it. The one thing I am grateful for is that he got his father's build and love of and proficiency in sports. 

squeakers2
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:03 PM
My 3 yr old daughter acts like me, through and through. She doesn't look a thing like me though. MIL has told me the things she does or says is nothing like Daddy was, but everything she does all my family can think is "There's Britt." She's the most random, off the wall, stubborn, cocky, little brat. Lol. She's got all the confidence in the world and won't back down. She is the sweetest, cutest thing and is very aware of how to use it for her benefit. She can smile all while telling you to go to hell... Well, in 3 yr old terms, so more like smile and "You're a big meanie." Her daddy is like that now as an adult but, from what his mom says, he wasn't like that until a teenager.

DS is too young to really show too much. He's 3 months. He's showing signs of Daddy though.

According to my mom, I act just like my dad (which I can see). According to dad, I act just like mom (which I can also see). I'm an interesting little mix of the 2.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)