Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Food ideas for an physically and emotionally exhausted mom

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:23 PM
  • 12 Replies
I am 36 weeks pregnant. I had terrible emotional breakdown today before my husband went into work. He is working 80 plus hrs weekly (his choice and he doesnt have to but feels compelled to help because of lack of staff. We have argued about his working and he will stop these crazy hours next schedule) and I miss him. I really need help around the house. I also have a 1 yr old and 10 yr old. I am like a single mom. I am so huge I can barely move around. I dont have the energy for anything. I know this is temporary because I will not be pregnant forever. Until then, I need dinner ideas that are basically fast food but not like McDonald's. I should say..Good food fast.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
girlywifey
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Sorry Mama. I have been there. I would get off the phone with dh when he told me was working late and just cry.Maybe you can make soup and sandwiches? The 10 yo is old enough to help.

pamelax3
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I really do not know of any good fast food.. But maybe some of those frozen lasagna meals or something like that

Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:32 PM
I was also thinking soup and sandwiches.
There are tons of things easy enough for a 10 year old to help with.

Tacos or burritos
Casseroles
Soups
Salads
lovebugs_mom906
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Broccoli chicken casserole- 1lb chicken breast, 1lb broccoli, cheese, stuffing and mixture of cream of chicken soup, milk, 1TBS is mayo, salt, pepper and garlic powder (I use just enough to milk to thin out the soup, and as much seasoning as you like)

I cook the chicken in broth and shred when done. Put the chicken in casserole dish, top with broccoli, cheddar cheese (about a cup), soup mixture and stuffing. Cook in the oven for about 20min at 350.

Hope you start feeling better and get a little help soon!
stickyfingers
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:37 PM
i feel for ya...i have 4 and their dad always worked a ton too. sometime i would just give them cereal lol. i know your post isnt about this but have you heard of MOPS? when u need help a group on moms willl make some dinners for you usually and bring them over. for now i would make a few things ahead of time. something easy i do is gets some chicken tenderloins and put them in a pan with that lipton rice (the seasoned stuff) and there you go! dinner fast! microwave a veggie and u have dinner!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bibdybobdyboob
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Chili Fritos with carrots and ranch dressing are pretty easy.  I use ground turkey, Carol Shelby chili mix, a can of stewed tomatoes, a can of tomato sauce, and about a cup and a half of water.  Brown and salt your meat.  Cook some chopped onion if desired.  Then add the other ingredients.  Boil ten minutes.  Add water mixed with mesa (included in the packet), and thicken.

My kids love it and it's super easy.  You can top the chili fritos with shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped onion or whatever you want.

terpmama
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Ina crockpot put in some boneless skinless chicken breast.... Some chopped onion and a can of cream of chicken... Cook... Half hour before its done make some zatarans yellow rice. Shred the chicken and mix in the rice a can of corn and a cup of shredded cheddar.... It's even better reheated!

Due9
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:35 PM

That sounds so good! Will try.

Quoting terpmama:

Ina crockpot put in some boneless skinless chicken breast.... Some chopped onion and a can of cream of chicken... Cook... Half hour before its done make some zatarans yellow rice. Shred the chicken and mix in the rice a can of corn and a cup of shredded cheddar.... It's even better reheated!

juggling

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Cold cuts and pasta salad, I am sure the last thing you want to do is prepare a damn thing. It will last a few days in the fridge and your 10 yr old can help herself. Cereal never hurt anyone either ; ) feel better.

Rebecca204
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 1:21 AM
2 moms liked this

Sorry you're having such a hard time. I understand how you feel. I'm 25 weeks pregnant and my morning sickness still doesnt let up, im always so tired and nauseate plus I have this crappy infection all over my chin , currently taking 14 pills aday of random stuff from antibiotics to prenatal vitamins , stuff for my nausea and some supplemments like probiotics cause ive been on the antibiotics for about 3 weeks now! . Hubby is in the military and is gonna be gone all week, we have 5 kiddoes w baby 6 on the way ages 8, 9,11,12 and 14. so im stuck at home trying to be super mom! im glad my kiddoes are older to where they can help around the house and make most of their food but for now, basicly i make alot of soups and sandwiches , tuna salad, quick turkey spaghetti. usually buy frozen meals cause their quick and convenient. instant oatmeal...etc. anything quick , we don't always eat this way but for now it.ll do. I can't wait til hubby gets home this weekend I miss him dearly! Don't worry momma, it'll get easier soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN