Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

normal behavior for 3 or 4 year old?

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:03 PM
  • 4 Replies

My oldest who is seven was never into toys really. my five year old is just starting to catch up speech wise BUT my four year old dd gets attached to inaminate objects. no i am not talking about stuffed animals or toys but like a piece of paper, a dishtowel *her friend the girl* or an old tiny christmas tree ornament. she is very imaginative but she will cry if i take away these things. she has plenty of toys so i know that is not the problem so can i get any insight? is this normal behavior?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Yes it can be.  I dont see the harm in having her be attached to odd items as long as they arent harmful or sharp.  DD was a girl who would walk around with a toothbrush constantly instead of a typical lovey.

hippymama11
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Lol my step daughter used to take the ornaments off my tree at christmas she was 4 at the time and hide them in her room not a concern an deffinately normal my son is 2 an does the same no interest in toys I wouldn be worried unless of course its something harmful probably just wants to play with the same things u are
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cryssi_renee
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:24 PM

My 4 yr old does that. He will get attached to something for a month or two and then move on. Sometimes it's a toy, sometimes it not. 

ihave1
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:32 PM

My dd was like that too, tho at a bit of a younger age.  She is only two after all.   Thought it weird, but she has not acted like that in a long while. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)