Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Are you a young mom....

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:52 PM
  • 31 Replies
Or a "well travelled" mom? We are only as old as we feel! I'm a young mom (well not so young anymore) I'm 26 with a 6 year old. If you could, would you change how old you were? I'm on the fence about it. Yes because I wasn't ready to be a mom emotionally and financially. But no because I like being a young mom. I love to go to school functions or field trips and reminisce about how I was the child not so many years ago. What about y'all?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TableforSeven
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:01 AM

We were 19 when our first child was born and 30 when our youngest was born.  I am glad we started our family when we did....we weren't planning on getting pregnant on our honeymoon - but we did, so our family started pretty much right away.  There was a huge difference in how I felt pregnant and with a newborn at 19 than I did at 30....so I am glad my kids were mostly born when I was younger.

LanasMommy0504
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:06 AM
I'm 27 with a 6 and 3 year old and expecting #3. Sometimes I wish we'd waited a little longer. I was 20 when DD was born and DH & I had just been married a little over a year. I absolutely love being a mom though and wouldn't trade it for the world. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AlohaTink
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Super Mom on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:41 AM
A mature, well traveled mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AubreeG16
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:41 AM
I'm a young momma. I'm currently 17 and I have 28 month old twins. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aisforawesome
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:45 AM

I'm 24 with an almost 6 year old, so technically I'm young, but I feel old.:( I wouldn't change how old,  I would change with who.

Msgme
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:58 AM

I was newly 22 when my first child was born.  which is kinda young.  But compared to the fact that i was 16 when I started trying to get pregnant It wasnt that young.  I thank the gods and knock on wood often that I was not 16 when i got pregnant. It turned out to be the perfect age for me. I was just shy of my 28th b-day when my youngest was born.  It all worked out the best way it could of.

crazymom21
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:39 AM
I'm happy that all my children were born when I was younger. Though at almost 28 I am not old. Raising kids at any age can be challenging. I look forward to being young(42) when my youngest is out of the house. That is if she's 18 and moves out lol. Either way I'll still be young.
JMmomof2
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:43 AM
I thought I was very young at 23 with my first and 24 with my second, but now knowing what people say is"young" is what I would say is a child.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I was 23 & 24 when I had my kids, unfortunately I looked like I was 16 and got a lot of shit from strangers.

I don't think that I was necessarily a "young" mom.

My kids are now 7 & 8.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN